X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a reminder; it's upon us !!!

Some have their plans in order.

REMEMBER!
    If you have a drivable Studebaker DO NOT LET IT SIT IN YOUR GARAGE THIS COMING SATURDAY.

So, you do not have the time or ability to participate in a club activity or show.

Drive to the Post Office, drive to the grocery store, drive to Walmart, DRIVE YOUR STUDEBAKER!
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

The Orange Empire Chapter is going to Ruby's in Anaheim and invited the Beach Cities/Inland Empire Chapter. See our newsletter for details. Should be a good turnout.

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
      Some have their plans in order.

REMEMBER!
      If you have a drivable Studebaker DO NOT LET IT SIT IN YOUR GARAGE THIS COMING SATURDAY.

So, you do not have the time or ability to participate in a club activity or show.

Drive to the Post Office, drive to the grocery store, drive to Walmart, DRIVE YOUR STUDEBAKER!
      The Potomac Chapter is meeting Saturday morning near Frederick, Maryland from where we will caravan to the AACA Museum at Hershey. I have to give the Museum a final group count on Monday (8/30), but if people from central PA, or other areas in the vicinity want to some along, let me know and I'll see if I can still include you in the group rate ($7.50 per adult plus box lunch ($7.50) with a reserved dining area in the Rotunda.
      Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
      '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Brad, I must confess publicly that since you posted this on Friday night, my addled brain thought that yesterday was IDYSD. I drove Barney all over, wore my Stude t-shirt, and told everyone who asked that it was International Drive Your Studebaker Day. Then, at church, I realized when I saw the date on the bulletin that it was not September yet

We'll call it a trial run

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

At least you drove you Stude with pride. Everyday should be Drive your Studebaker day. I will not be driving my Studebaker again. Feel sorry for me, someone has to. But I have my headlights working and my horn, so I'll honking from my Garage.

Comment

The Eastern North Carolina Chapter will be meeting near Four Oaks and caravaning to lunch and on to a tour of a local winery. The Champ will be my steed for the day.
            Joe Roberts
            '61 R1 Champ
            '65 Cruiser
            Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

I don't know if it'll be Betsy or Sweet Pea, but one of them is taking me to this event~

http://http://vintageaircraftweekend.org

I made my plans many many months ago--
              otherwise I'd be joining the Whatcom County SDC folks on their
              poker run combined with a goodie bag stuffing party...
              StudeDave '57
              US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
              SDC Member since 1985

past President
              Whatcom County Chapter SDC
              San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
              San Diego Chapter SDC
              North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

This is our biggest weekend racing weekeknd of the year at Oswego Speedway, so this is where my head will be:

Everyone have fun, and a safe weekend!
                Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                Romans 15:13
                Deuteronomy 31:6
                Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Possible showers predicted here; GOOD! MY WIPERS NEED A LITTLE EXERCISE and we sure do need the rain.
                  Brad Johnson,
                  SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                  Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                  '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                  '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Our Chapter didn't set up any activity this year, so my goal is to drive as many Studebakers as possible. If you count the Avanti II, I'm prety sure I can get 4 crancked up. The wife has already told me to get her GT out and wash it. My MACHO response was .... "Yes Maam." NT
                    Neil Thornton

Comment

Sequoia Chapter (NorCal) has planned a great backroads tour of Wine Country with the Wine Country Car Club.

Since I can't bear to selfishly strap my 1-year old "Studebaby" in the Hawk for 3 hours, we'll be visiting several prominent (high foot traffic) parks, museums and playgrounds around San Francisco.

The best part: Seeing all the Dads' eyes light up when they see they can mount a child safety seat in a classic Studebaker! That's myth #1 debunked.

My talking points to promote Studebakers (and expand the market for our marque).

1) Independent spirit and style, for less $$ than a F--- or Ch---.
                      2) Bodies and engines are unique, but many components were shared with Brand X, so readily available.
                      3) Outstanding Drivers' Club support at all levels: Local, (Inter)National and Online.
                      4) It's Gran Tur-IS-mo!
                      Andy
                      62 GT

Comment

I'll be driving STU COOL to a local car show that is collecting school supplies for kids, then will take him to the local IHOP Saturday night cruise.
                        Pat Dilling
                        Olivehurst, CA
                        Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Working...
                        X