Let's play: What's it worth......?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's play: What's it worth......?

1959 rust bucket Hawk. 289 AT good trunklid and 4 wheel opening mouldings. Decent interior door panels and dash. Good cores for bumpers). 289 is stuck now as are 3 wheels....No title. Parts' car. Value ??? I'd say the doors are salvageable (very little lower rust) But the sheetmetal is long gone, but maybe the right front fender is fair/repairable..........Nice rear glass....Guy wants $900.

$100, assuming not too hard to get and you are buying to resell items, not because you have a need for any of it.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

If your time is worth anything, run away. A good 289" crankshaft is worth $250, but figure the hours of labor to get the car home, pull the engine, disassemble and clean it and you're working for free.

jack vines
      PackardV8

Comment

The 289 was not available that year,that is not to say someone could not have put one in.
        Frank van Doorn
        Omaha, Ne.
        1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
        1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
        1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

If you really want it offer $500

Comment

If the frame is good the rest of the parts are worth having because they do sell if you have them good hawk trunk no rust and ribs not dented??? you put the price on one of them, lots of sale able parts.
            Candbstudebakers
            Castro Valley,
            California

Comment

I need the wheel opening mouldings.
              Brian
              Brian Woods
              woodysrods@shaw.ca
              1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

My friend dragged this car home for $850....I didn't have the nerve to tell him the bad news.....now I can blame the bad news on you guys......!

Comment

Working...
                X