Lark bumpers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lark bumpers

I was re-arrangeing Rosie's pretty parts in the basement to make room for some new parts arriving today, and noticed when I stacked her bumpers that the front and rear are the same, just a different mounting bracket and bumperettes bolted on. Is that normal or did a PO replace the back bumper with a front?

Originally posted by rjohnston79 View Post
    I was re-arrangeing Rosie's pretty parts in the basement to make room for some new parts arriving today, and noticed when I stacked her bumpers that the front and rear are the same, just a different mounting bracket and bumperettes bolted on. Is that normal or did a PO replace the back bumper with a front?
    depends on the year. Some years they were in fact identical other than the extra holes for the license plate lights. I know that I needed a rear bumper for my '62 and ended up drilling holes in a decent used front bumper rather than purchasing another bumper.

nate
    --
    55 Commander Starlight
    http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

Since the '62-'66's all had License plate mounting holes front and rear, both have the holes, used for the bracket on the rear and the actual plate on the front. '62-'63 Daytonas and Cruisers had the holes on the corners for the corner guards.

The '59-'61's do not have holes for the License Plate Bracket, on the rear bumper.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

64-66 are different by design also.
        Candbstudebakers
        Castro Valley,
        California

Comment

On the 62's and 63's, the front bumpers are different from the back, because of the grill.....Not sure about the 61s, they "may" also be different from the back

Comment

My front bumper has a "dip" in the middle to clear the large grill. The back bumper has the same recess for no apparent reason (maybe to clear the gas cap - but wider LOL). Anyway, I just took a look at my 1/24th diecast, and it has the same "front" bumper on both ends too. Also I found some pictures in my "archives" that confirm it - the rear bodywork even forms to match the grill cut out in the bumper. (picture credit does not belong to me)
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X