value of 57 Clipper parts ?.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• value of 57 Clipper parts ?.

hi. have a question. a man would like to buy the armrest forms, the lower door trim, and the middle of the door trim that looks like an stretched out "Z", from the interior of 57 Clipper. all are interior parts. he wants all of them from the four doors. does not want the backing panels. that would be 12 pieces in all, plus the work of getting them off carefully, and packaging them for shipping. cant find any on ebay or other source. anyone have an idea what i should price them at ?. thanks in advance for any input. enjoy those Studebakers. skip.
    57 President, 58 Packard Hawk, 61 MGA

It sounds like he wants you to do the "dirty"work for him. Maybe should offer the panels to him and save you the work. I have no idea what they are worth, though. Maybe $50/panel + shipping? If he won't go for it, them charge him by the hour for your time, plus the parts and shipping. What is your time worth to you?
    Chip
    '63 Cruiser
    '57 Packard wagon
    '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
    '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

value of clipper parts

i dont believe thats his motivation, for me to do the dirty work. he does not need the panels as his are fine. he is upgrading his President Classic to a Clipper interior, including the dash and other items. it wouldnt be any good to ship him the panels as extra weight would cost more. i am mainly concerned as to the trim value as i dont want to give them away, as they are hard to get, but i dont want to over rate them as to price. i have to bear in mind, at the same time it is a lot of work from the day you get the car, strip it, store the stuff for years, then sell it, he is a fellow car enthusiast, and a Studebaker owner as am i. i am tyring to be as fair as possible. i do however very much appreciate your thoughts and quick contribution to my question. thanks. anybody else have an idea ?. skip.

Comment

Door Panel Trim

Well as others have said, whether he gets them or not, technically he needs to BUY the door panels complete!

You will have destroyed the panels, so he needs to PAY for them, simple as that. The going rate for nice easily found late Lark type panels is about $200.00 a set. Rare hard to find in good condition, '57 Clipper panels, well take it from there!
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I've sold and shipped simular peices as you talk of. if he's that into it,build a small wood crate out of firring strips and 2x4 blocks to house the complete door panels,x it to keep square and a layer of carboard around it.put the panels in good side to good side/bad side to bad side,and ship it G.H.(and oh ya,he'd pay you back for home depot visit)
          Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

clipper parts value

Originally posted by 63t-cab View Post
            I've sold and shipped simular peices as you talk of. if he's that into it,build a small wood crate out of firring strips and 2x4 blocks to house the complete door panels,x it to keep square and a layer of carboard around it.put the panels in good side to good side/bad side to bad side,and ship it G.H.(and oh ya,he'd pay you back for home depot visit)
            unless you know different, he told me he does not need the panels for the conversion and they are junk anyway. just needs the parts. thanks for your effort though. it is appreciated. skip.

Comment

Skip,though that would help you ship without worrying about " safely packing all the loose peices " been my experience to let him carefully dismantle what he needs/does'nt need and live with finished results! hope all works for both parties!!!
              Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

I have taken a few of these apart. I would let him do it. The pins that hold them in break easily. Plus you do not have to adjust every pin to be straight. I only adjusted a few and did some wiggling with the metal and the parts came loose. As for price, if they are good used, I would ask $75.00 for each panel. Best of luck

Comment

IMO - $200 for the set of panels, more if you have to spend time carefully removing the items, plus shipping and handling/packaging.
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

clipper parts value

well guys, thanks. that gives me a lot. but, the panels are not the issue. its the two pieces of stainless and the form for the armrest prices i need, but i get what your saying. the panels are not needed. i know what you mean about the "pins" that fold over. best done on a hot day or heat them up with a heat gun for flexability so they dont break. in the end its just nice to know the guy is going the mile to enhance that President. i will give him a good price. cant thank ALL you folks enough, if i forgot anyone, its late, for all your help. until next time, god bless. skip.

Comment

Working...
                    X