• Avanti Body Height.

Lennart...
    -63 Avanti R1
    -61 Champ 6E5 122\"
    -57 Transtar 3E5/7 112\"
    -58 Golden Hawk

That actually looks about right. I think this was a complaint which
    lead to them raising the rear view mirror up on the windsheild. That
    is much easier to do than lowering your car and causing more problems.

Tom

'63 Avanti, zinc plated drilled & slotted 03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, soon: 97 Z28 T-56 6-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves, 'R3' 276 cam, Edelbrock AFB Carb, GM HEI distributor, 8.8mm plug wires
    '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
    Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
    http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
    I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

I was very freaked out the first time I drove my car I couldn't see what was behind me and at night it was 100 times worse. It had a large, replacement modern rear view mirror mounted in the original position. The car also had sagging rear springs so the rear was about as low as it could be without an air ride.

Tom's dead on...take a soldering iron or a heat gun and it will soften the adhesive so the mirror will come off with no damage to the glass. Save the parts, buy a new mirror and matching windshield mount, put it in a comfortable position and enjoy driving your car. Reversible, cheap and effective.

ErnieR

Comment

If there are behind you . You dont need to see them. Its the ones in front of you that are important,This Low

OR THIS LOW

63 Twin Supercharged Avanti
        64 Avanti R3w/NOS
        88LSC Avanti 350 Supercharged w/NOS

Comment

Working...
        X