PDA

View Full Version : 6 cyl piston rings identification

rteker
04-15-2007, 03:47 PM
I have 9 boxes of Studebaker Sealed Power piston rings that I cannot identify. The boxes are identified as 1-AC-2865 Kromex ring set.
They are for a 3" bore with a 1-MEP-102 oil restrictor. I have been unable to find any listing for these rings. Any help in identifying would be appreciated.

r1lark
04-15-2007, 04:17 PM
quote:Originally posted by rteker

I have 9 boxes of Studebaker Sealed Power piston rings that I cannot identify. The boxes are identified as 1-AC-2865 Kromex ring set.
They are for a 3" bore with a 1-MEP-102 oil restrictor. I have been unable to find any listing for these rings. Any help in identifying would be appreciated.

The '59 thru '64 parts book lists these as fitting '59 thru '63 Champion and OHV 6 cylinder engines, standard bore (ie, no oversize). They should fit all Champion engines back to the early '40s with 3" bores. They will not fit the '64 OHV 6 cylinder since the ring widths were changed for '64.

The oil restrictor should be used only on the flathead engines, NOT on the OHV engines.

Hope this helps........

Paul

Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: http://hometown.aol.com/r1skytop/myhomepage/index.html

r1lark
04-15-2007, 04:17 PM

The '59 thru '64 parts book lists these as fitting '59 thru '63 Champion and OHV 6 cylinder engines, standard bore (ie, no oversize). They should fit all Champion engines back to the early '40s with 3" bores. They will not fit the '64 OHV 6 cylinder since the ring widths were changed for '64.

The oil restrictor should be used only on the flathead engines, NOT on the OHV engines.

Hope this helps........

Paul

Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: http://hometown.aol.com/r1skytop/myhomepage/index.html

rteker
04-15-2007, 09:55 PM
Paul, thanks for the information, much appreciated.

quote:Originally posted by r1lark

Hope this helps........

Paul

rteker
04-15-2007, 09:55 PM
Paul, thanks for the information, much appreciated.

quote:Originally posted by r1lark

Hope this helps........

Paul