Have a 2R5 Frame Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have a 2R5 Frame Question

The frame on my 53 2R5 is rusted through where the steering box is located, not worth repairing. What year and make of frame could replace it that would not be too much to fit the body onto? I have heard that the 94 - 03 S10 frames work, has anyone tried this method ?

Come on over for a visit to Studebaker Truck Talk, use Search to see many posts on this 2R5 Frame Swap topic.

For example,

Comment

I may be predudiced on this topic, as I posted this dream on Truck Talk some time ago ....

Re: Ultimate '49 2R5
      by Bob Feaganes
      If I were going to build a modified 2R5, I would take the relatively easy way out and find a good running Dodge Dakota with standard cab and bed (same wheel base length as 2R5 with better matching width than an S-10), Magnum V6 or V8, 5 speed trans, ps, pb, a/c, 2 wheel drive.

I would retain the chassis, drive train, suspension, seats, and modern accessories and a/c. Remove and sell the Dodge front clip and cab, and mount the Stude 2R5 front clip and cab on the Dodge frame.

Then I would narrow the Dodge bed, so I could add Stude rear fenders and Stude Tailgate. I'd add Transtar side trim and use the two-tone paint scheme that Tim (studemaker) has on his truck.

That would be my ultimate custom/modified Studebaker 2R5.

Posted on Aug 24, 2007, 8:18 PM

Comment

Thanx Stude 53 for the info, will check out the link you provided.

Comment

Something to keep an eye on in the future. When the Canyon and Colorado pickups get older they too are on a 112 in frame. Off the top of my head and without google searching, I believe 2008 is the first year these 112 wb trucks are available in a v-8 versus the standard inline 5 (not 6)
          61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Stude53

What year of Dakota;s would work for this type of setup?

Comment

Working...
            X