Studes at Raleigh NC car show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studes at Raleigh NC car show

Went to the "Classics at the Capital" car show in Raleigh, NC today with my Dad. According to advertisements, there were suposed to be 800 cars. They closed off about 5 blocks of one street and a blocked of all the side streets that joined it. There were only enough cars to fill about 3 blocks of the main street and none of the side streets. We estimated their were about 150 cars there.

Out of the cars there, we only saw 2 Studes.

The Golden Hawk was a very nice car but I have never seen one in metallic purple. Not my first choice in color but a first rate restoration.

And one piece of serious MOPAR power. I had never seen one of these in person before.

All in all it was a good day out with Dad, and we got to see a lot of nice cars.

Wayne
    Wayne
    "Trying to shed my CASO ways"

sigpic

Wasn't the Golden Hawk in Hemmings Classic Car a year or 2 ago? Looks like a nice restoration!

Comment

The Golden Hawk was written up in Hemmigs Classic Cars a few years ago. It has been in Turning Wheels also.
      It was restored with NOS parts that the owner Joe Parsons had collected for years. I don't believe you'll see a better example 1958 Golden Hawk ever.
      Last edited by Gary1953; 08-22-2010, 05:04 AM.
      Gary Sanders
      Nixa, MO

Comment

I went to that show too, it was pretty cool. It didn't look like the turn out was quite what they hoped but it certainly wasn't terrible, and there were a LOT of people there looking at the cars.

I've seen that purple Golden before and talked with Joe. Really nice guy and he said that while that wasn't the original color of the car it was a 1958 Studebaker factory color. It's really a striking color and a beautiful car... and it's not gold!
        Jeff DeWitt
        http://carolinastudes.net

Comment

My wife was looking at the photos last night after I started this thread. She is a big fan of purple and loved that Hawk. Now she is trying to talk me into painting my 61 that color when the time comes.
          Wayne
          "Trying to shed my CASO ways"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X