SERIOUSLY looking for a 1963 2-door PARTS CAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SERIOUSLY looking for a 1963 2-door PARTS CAR

Does anyone have a rusty (or otherwise, but extensive rust is OK) 1963 Standard, Lark Regal, or Lark Custom F-body parts car for sale, or know of one that might be "had?"

A friend of mine and occassional lurker is in need of such a car to complete the restoration of his 1963 Lark Custom 2-door due to so many small parts having been lost by a "restoration shop" that gave up on the car after five years. He has concluded (rightfully so, I might add) that buying a parts car will be the best way to acquire all the little things he needs.

The car must:

1A. Be a 1963 "F" body (2-door sedan, not a "J" body Daytona hardtop).

2A. Have good side glass. His glass and channels were lost by the resto shop, so just having flat plate glass cut will still not give him the mechanism attached to the bottom of the glass he needs to complete his car. Nor does he have any patterns from which new glass might be cut, of course.

3A. Have had any type of manual transmission, as he needs clutch linkage parts inside the car and along the frame, outside the bell housing. The parts needed are not engine or transmission-specific.

On the other hand:

1B. The original engine is unimportant; either six or V-8 OK. In fact, see #2B, following.

2B. The parts car need not even have an engine or transmission in it. He doesn't need either and there is no sense paying for them if he doesn't want them, although he will if needed to acquire the parts car. (If someone has a parts car and wants to keep the engine and transmission for whatever reason, that's fine.)

3B. Rust is not a problem! In fact, the rustier the better! The purchased car to finish this project will be parted out unless something unforeseen arises after it is purchased and someone else wants the carcass. (The car being restored is a dry California body with no rust issues, and never had any. So anything that rusts away in bad climates won't be needed to finish the car anyway.)

Preferably, the car will be located east of the Mississippi River. However, we know where the bridges are and aren't afraid to drive over them if needed.

My friend has a well-qualified, competent person lined up who will finish the restoration if a parts car can be located, because nobody wants to track down dozens of small parts while shop space is being consummed with a boat anchor. 'Better to have the parts car in hand for bits and pieces (and reference) as the project moves forward.

Please, this is a nice, factory R2/4-speed 1963 Lark Custom 2-door being restored, and it needs many bits and pieces best sourced from a parts car.

Feel free to post here or contact me privately and I will immediately pass the information along so the two of you may be in direct contact. I have no financial interest in this and don't want any: This has been a nightmare for him and I'd like to help move the project along to completion ASAP.

Cheers and thanks. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Bob,

There's one on ebay right now, a classified ad for $400

A '63 F-body with six and a stick, just west of the Chicago area. I don't know anything more about the car then what is posted in the ad.
    Eric DeRosa

\'63 R2 Lark
    \'60 Lark Convertible

Comment

PERFECT, Eric!

We're on it right now.

Thanks so much. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I love it when this forum works it's magic for good...
        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I dunno, Jeff. It took 14 minutes. Not exactly instant gratification.......

Still wish someone would "poof" my OD to make it work.

Comment

Magic indeed............just received an email from the seller stating the car is mine! Thank you all so much.
            --lanny--
            sigpic
            Lanny & Barb Bertram
            '63 Lark Custom R2 4spd
            Indy Chapter SDC since 2000
            Weaverville, NC

Comment

FYI: Yes, it was Lanny Bertram for whom I was posting this missive! <GGG>

Magic Indeed: It was only 2 PM today (Saturday, August 21) that I had met with Lanny and the fellow and cohorts who will likely be contracted to finish this car. We all left and went our separate ways, concluding a parts car would be mandatory to get this project done without spending weeks chasing parts...and three hours later, one is located and committed to Lanny!

Like the Jeffster says, "this is what it's all about!" BP
              Last edited by BobPalma; 08-21-2010, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Hi Eric,
                Just wondering how you're able to find the classified cars for sale at eBay? I tried by going to eBay,but it seems you have to put in a zip code and then it shows cars in your local area only.It seems you have to keep putting in different zip codes all the time to eventually cover all of the U.S.??
                Is there an easier way to do it??
                Thanks,
                Tony
                A.C.Moisley

Comment

Bob & Lanny,

Glad it worked out for you...after you part it out, keep me in mind - I might need some odds and ends to finsh my factory '63 R2 F-body!

Tony, - regarding ebay, I just punched in Studebaker 63 lark. Maybe is showed up for me, as both the car and myself are located in north-eastern Illinois - don't really know.
                  Eric DeRosa

\'63 R2 Lark
                  \'60 Lark Convertible

Comment

Thanks Eric.
                    I think it must have worked as you're close by.
                    Can't make it work from here.You'd think it would make sense just to type in the car and it would come up for all states.Any chance of a pic of your 63 R2 F?? I really like those and am looking for a 63 or 64 F or Hardtop. I'd like to do some nostalgia drag racing over here as we have a class for that in West. Australia.May have to build a clone.....
                    Regards,
                    Tony
                    A.C.Moisley

Comment

Hi Tony,
                      What I do is sign into eBay, then in the search box type Studebaker Lark 1963 for example, making sure the search category box displays "all eBay categories" then hit enter and see what arises. The following link has 2 1963 Larks for sale. I'm sure the right thing will turn up, else just decide what you want and tell the list, who can tell what is sitting in someone's shed they may be willing to sell?

eBay Motors makes it easy to find parts for cars, trucks, SUVs, motorcycles & more. We even offer a massive selection of new & pre-owned classics, hot rods, exotics, vans, ATVs, RVs, boats and more at eBay Motors. Shop for your next vehicle, or start selling in a marketplace with 171 million buyers.

Good Luck

John
                      John Clements
                      Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Thanks John.
                        Will give it a go.
                        Regards,
                        Tony
                        A.C.Moisley

Comment

Eric, check with me next spring and we can see what is left. I need windows and clutch linkage a couple of trim pieces and a host of small stuff like dash knobs, fasteners etc. I will most likely be wanting to pass on the remains.
                          Thanks again,
                          --lanny--
                          sigpic
                          Lanny & Barb Bertram
                          '63 Lark Custom R2 4spd
                          Indy Chapter SDC since 2000
                          Weaverville, NC

Comment

Working...
                          X