Pic load Test, turned '61 Cruiser Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pic load Test, turned '61 Cruiser Post

Test Failed, Pic is viewable when NOT logged in.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by StudeRich; 08-20-2010, 10:56 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Rich,
    If it's a white '61 VIII four door, it's viewable to me.
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Did they call them Cruisers in '61?

Comment

Yep '61 was the first year for the Cruiser, but it also had the lark nameplate. I don't think they dropped the lark designation 'til 63.

Comment

'61 Cruisers

The Lark name was not dropped until 1964 actually. I like the '61 Cruiser better than any Cruiser, and that is because of the very special one-off rear window (backlight), the shape looks like a '59-'60 Lark that was above the rear deck about 1 inch, but they are not. They are a special Cruiser only glass, that is flush with the rear deck (taller) but that is only one of the really cool things about them.

They have the same angled back at the top '53-'60 rear door and window shape that the C & K models have but with President Classic/Taxi style longer doors, and more legroom, being on the 113 inch wheelbase like all '62 4 Doors but without the ungainly rear door windows and backlight of the '61 & '62 Larks. They are clearly the first and the best, and a true standout, that is different, rare and one of a kind.

I also like '64's a lot, but always preferred Daytonas, to Cruisers. That's ALL Daytonas, H/T, 4door, Wagon and Convertible. I guess Bob Palma and I share the same passion!

Yes Rockne10 it's a '61 Cruiser. My intent was just to test the upload process from a Computer, and to make it invisible to visitors and un-logged in members, it appears to be impossible to do that, so I will not post the real post, thanks.
          A '61 Lark

Click image for larger version

Name:	Green White Regal 4Dr2.JPG
Views:	7
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	1663088

A '61 Cruiser
          Attached Files
          Last edited by StudeRich; 08-20-2010, 10:22 PM.
          StudeRich
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
            [B][COLOR="Blue"]
            to make it invisible to visitors and un-logged in members, it appears to be impossible to do that, so I will not post the real post, thanks.
            That's a new one on me- what could possibly be the reason for this??
            Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
            Romans 15:13
            Deuteronomy 31:6
            Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
              Yeah, I don't get it either. You're trying to make sure that un-logged members and visitors can't see a picture? I mean, actually testing for something like that? What the heck is goin' on, Rich? Not posting a "real" post 'cause a visitor can see a pic?
              Sonny
              http://RacingStudebakers.com

Comment

Maybe he's got nekked chicks posing with cars??

Comment

Then again, some days it might be better to have posts invisible to some people who are logged on!

Comment

The Lark name was not dropped until 1964 actually. I like the '61 Cruiser better than any Cruiser, and that is because of the very special one-off rear window (backlight), the shape looks like a '59-'60 Lark that was above the rear deck about 1 inch, but they are not. They are a special Cruiser only glass, that is flush with the rear deck (taller) but that is only one of the really cool things about them.

They have the same angled back at the top '53-'60 rear door and window shape that the C & K models have but with President Classic/Taxi style longer doors, and more legroom, being on the 113 inch wheelbase like all '62 4 Doors but without the ungainly rear door windows and backlight of the '61 & '62 Larks. They are clearly the first and the best, and a true standout, that is different, rare and one of a kind. ...
                    I'm with you in preferring the '61 Cruisers. They were the bearer of a number of first including suspended pedals, cowl air intake, torsion hood (no "stick"), integrated air conditioning (one-year only), and other things I can't remember right now. Of course I'm prejudiced. My first Studebaker and first new car was a '61 Cruiser which we dearly loved. Fred Fox published my writeup about it in TW back in the '80s sometime. The original window sticker-
                    Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

I believe your test worked Rich. I could not see it when not logged in, only a listing of pic title and file size. But if I went back and logged in, then I was able to view the thumbnail and enlarge the pic.
                      \'57 3E6-12 Transtar Deluxe
                      \'64 Daytona HT

Comment

That is a really neat Original Window Sticker, Paul! There are not many of those left today, especially in the hands of the original owner!

You people are forgetting one thing about my attempts at posting "Limited Viewing" Images.
                        Not all Images are Photos! Sorry guys no nudies!
                        Sometimes you may have a scanned Document in your Computer, that the owner of which may not want the Whole World to view and read!
                        StudeRich
                        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Anything you post on the internet is available for the whole world to see even if its locked down for the general public. Thats my take on life with the web anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
                            Originally posted by Sonny View Post
                            Yeah, I don't get it either. You're trying to make sure that un-logged members and visitors can't see a picture? I mean, actually testing for something like that? What the heck is goin' on, Rich? Not posting a "real" post 'cause a visitor can see a pic?
                            If you guys really MUST know-- Dad was testing a theory of mine.

We have the answer, and soo much more now...

Thanks for caring, though.
                            StudeDave '57
                            US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                            SDC Member since 1985

past President
                            Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                            San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                            San Diego Chapter SDC
                            North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

[B][COLOR="Blue"]The Lark name was not dropped until 1964 actually. I like the '61 Cruiser better than any Cruiser,
                              This is one time that I will disagree with Rich. 1961 and 1962 models were Lark Cruisers. Starting in 1963, the Cruiser was not a Lark model.
                              One of the things that confuses a lot of people is the "1963 Owner's Guide". On the cover it states ". LARK .CRUISER". This means that the same guide/manual covers both the Cruiser and the various Lark models.
                              If you refer to the large 1963 sales brochure, PD 63-14, the cover has "AVANTI LARK CRUISER HAWK" as the models covered and the back cover lists "LARK REGAL LARK CUSTOM LARK DAYTONA CRUISER GRAN TURISMO HAWK". Within the brochure, it is listed as 'THE CRUISER . America's First and Only Limousette".
                              Gary L.
                              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
                              X