Got new Avanti headliner installed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got new Avanti headliner installed!

The old worn out paint deprived sagging cardboard headliner is gone replaced by the new plastic version from Jon Myer. It fits very well and required no glue. However, the roll bar and side window covers in my car were completely shot too. More orders to Myer's. I can hear his cash register now; ka-ching! Jon has been a wonderful help with parts and information during my restoration odyssey.
    edp/NC
    \'63 Avanti
    \'66 Commander

You're making progress, and that's the important thing. Several years ago when my Avanti was being rebuilt, I thought I was single-handedly keeping Jon Myers, SI and Nostalgic in business. Christmas bonuses that year must have been pretty good.

It seems you've picked up where I left off!
    Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Tom
      '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
      Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
      http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
      I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

Indeed. But who wants to see the new headliner with the crappy rollbar cover and side pieces still in place??? Once they arrive and are installed, I'll update the pics. There are several of the car and engine in my folder now.

Originally posted by sbca96 View Post

Tom
        edp/NC
        \'63 Avanti
        \'66 Commander

Comment

Well .. I am kinda interested in the install process really. I have considered
          the purchase of one of these also.

Tom
          '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
          Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
          http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
          I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

Originally posted by sbca96 View Post
            Well .. I am kinda interested in the install process really. I have considered
            the purchase of one of these also.

Tom
            Yes. add me to the "interested" list In-progress or pix of the panels installed with the roof brace cover and side pieces off might be very helpful. Please do give us a few photos.

Comment

New roll bar cover and other accessories just arrived today. We'll install this weekend and I'll post some pix.

Originally posted by MikeValent View Post
              Yes. add me to the "interested" list In-progress or pix of the panels installed with the roof brace cover and side pieces off might be very helpful. Please do give us a few photos.
              edp/NC
              \'63 Avanti
              \'66 Commander

Comment

Working...
              X