Upholstery with Lark emblem embedded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upholstery with Lark emblem embedded

I just bought a 1960 Lark convertible and the owner installed upholstery that has the Lark emblem embedded in it. Does anybody know the history of this material? It was not stock for this convertible from what I know. Thanks.

Don; that was for Regal '59 4 Door Sedans and possibly Hardtops with the Cloth Interior, not available on Convertible and probably NOT on Wagons.

SMS in Oregon or Starlight Studebaker in Colorado may have some rolls of material.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by Don Kelstrom View Post
      I just bought a 1960 Lark convertible and the owner installed upholstery that has the Lark emblem embedded in it. Does anybody know the history of this material? It was not stock for this convertible from what I know. Thanks.
      Sounds like someone changed it out for the 1961 Lark cloth interior. That was the only year with small Lark emblems embroidered into the cloth material. On the other hand, is it one white Lark emblem in the middle of the rear seat near the top? Then it will be a '63 style.

Craig

Comment

anyone have a picture of those emblems in the material?

Believe I had hawk seats in the Lark.
        61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

I haven't figured out how to post a picture, but can send one by e-mail if I have an address. This is not the one with one white Lark emblem. It has little emblems throughout.

Comment

This upholstery (with the Lark emblems) is shown in the salesman's Fact Book for 1961. Not shown in 1959 or '60 Fact Books.
            Richard Quinn
            Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

The Lark image shows up pretty clearly in the actual sample but does not scan well. In any event it appears to be a '61 only offering.
              Richard Quinn

Comment

Pretty sure '60 convertibles only left the factory with Naugahyde seats. Could be wrong.
                Brad Johnson,
                SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
                  Pretty sure '60 convertibles only left the factory with Naugahyde seats. Could be wrong.
                  Of course everyone knows that naugas are now extinct. But they sure had some mighty fine hydes!

Comment

Originally posted by HookedonStudies View Post
                    Of course everyone knows that naugas are now extinct. But they sure had some mighty fine hydes!

Good one!
                    I actually found one of these dolls a couple of years ago at a church yard sale.

John V.

Comment

I might point out that in the upholstery sample photo I posted earlier the Lark emblem only shows up in the bottom sample. Of course it was available in the three sample colors shown above it but since these are actual cloth samples and those little emblems are 4 or so inches apart and the part that was randomly snipped to place in the Fact Book just didn’t happen to have the Lark emblem. I have two or three other upholstery sample cards for 1961 that show parts of the emblem in the other colors.
                      Richard Quinn

Comment

Originally posted by Don Kelstrom View Post
                        I haven't figured out how to post a picture, but can send one by e-mail if I have an address. This is not the one with one white Lark emblem. It has little emblems throughout.

Email sent.

Thanks Richard, I had no idea this was available, let alone see an example in person.
                        I would assume no one's reproducing this.? Small market
                        61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bordeaux Daytona View Post

Good one!
                          I actually found one of these dolls a couple of years ago at a church yard sale.

John V.
                          My grandma was a seamstress at a plant in South Bend until she retired and the plant moved. She made Naugas, hundreds of them. We have about 4 or 5 of them now.
                          Chris Dresbach

Comment

"anyone have a picture of those emblems in the material?"

"Pretty sure '60 convertibles only left the factory with Naugahyde seats. Could be wrong."

Sometimes they show up in vinyl and cowhide. <G>

Comment

Thanks for the pic Dave

And here's the one Don sent along of the emblem in the seats.
                              61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X