1962-63 Archie Comic Book Special contains story about Avanti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1962-63 Archie Comic Book Special contains story about Avanti

The rare 1962-63 Giant Size Archie Comic "Archies Pals and Gals" issue #23 contains a full story devoted to the Studebaker Avanti. The short summary is that Reggie's uncle loans him his new RED Avanti. All the guys and gals are so impressed by the Avanti that Veronica dumps Archie and his rattle trap to go to the big dance with Reggie. Of course things never quite work out for Reggie... I have to say the artwork is pretty darn good. You can even see the little "Studebaker" emblem in one panel. This particular comic is rare and fairly expensive. Not only cause it's a 25 cent special (regular comics were 12 cents at the time), but it's also the first appearance of the "Josie" character. That makes it appealing to Archies collectors. Anyway, the Avanti gets the FIRST story in the book. Every Avanti owner should have one!
    Attached Files
    edp/NC
    \'63 Avanti
    \'66 Commander

To see/read it all, you can find it on the "The Avanti" website.
    Lot's of fun...and it reminds me how neat they were when new.

63 Avanti R1 2788
    1914 Stutz Bearcat
    (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Ahh, but it's so much more fun to have your very own 47 1/2 year old copy! And note that the cover on the website link is not correct.
      edp/NC
      \'63 Avanti
      \'66 Commander

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I'd love a real copy...but have no idea where to look (besides ebay), how rare they are or even if found, I might not be willing to pay a stupid price for one. Have any idea what they're going for?
        63 Avanti R1 2788
        1914 Stutz Bearcat
        (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Very good condition = $50-100. Probably over $200 easy for a VF-NM copy. They're hard to come by even on eBay. And it's because of "Josie" not the Avanti. :-(
          edp/NC
          \'63 Avanti
          \'66 Commander

Comment

Working...
          X