Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who owns the Eichler house in Granada Hills, CA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who owns the Eichler house in Granada Hills, CA?

My wife and I were house shopping the other day when we decided to look at some "Mid-Century Modern" houses built by Eichler in Granada Hills, CA. One of the homes had a ton of Studes (the picture is of the house next door - the picture of the house with the Studes wasn't good enough to post). The owner had 2 Wagonaires (66 & 63), a 64 GT Hawk, and a '56 Coupe (they also had a Wagoneer and several Jaguars). Is the owner on the forum or known by anybody on the forum?

Of course my wife asked me if I could smell Studebakers because I always manage to find some.
    Attached Files
    Scott Rodgers
    Los Angeles
    SDC Member since 1989
    \'60 Lark HT
    \'63 Wagonaire
    \'66 Frankenbaker

Eichler house

Hi Scott:
    What is the address of the house? I live very close to Granada Hills (Chatsworth) and I'll go check it out. One of our chapter members does live in Granada Hills, but that doen't appear to be his house.
    Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
    '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
    '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
    '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

Comment

So the '47-'49 Land Cruiser and the Champ Pickup were in front of the house with the other 4 Studes. also?

Wow! he's really pushing his luck in a Granada Hills neighborhood, time to get a BIGGER Stude. friendly place.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I didn't get the address at the time so I had to search for it on Google maps - it's 17110 Nanette St., Granada Hills, CA. There's a street level picture of the house and some of the Studebakers if you do a search.
        Scott Rodgers
        Los Angeles
        SDC Member since 1989
        \'60 Lark HT
        \'63 Wagonaire
        \'66 Frankenbaker

Comment

StudeRich - yep, there were that many! Plus there were Jags too. The driveway was short and on an incline too.
          Scott Rodgers
          Los Angeles
          SDC Member since 1989
          \'60 Lark HT
          \'63 Wagonaire
          \'66 Frankenbaker

Comment

In this post I see there are some members in the Granada Hills area. There was a very active club member there in the early 90s named Alvin Shafer. He lived at 17745 Ridgeway rd. If you want to really impress Dick Quinn with your sluth abilities, find what became of Alvin. In our travels Quinn and I offen talk of what ever happened to Shafer and his cars. He had 1929 and 30 Presidents.

Comment

I just found my roster CD and did a search for this address - nothing.
              Scott Rodgers
              Los Angeles
              SDC Member since 1989
              \'60 Lark HT
              \'63 Wagonaire
              \'66 Frankenbaker

Comment

Boy am I glad to see this thread. I met this guy thirty years ago when I walked up his driveway to ask him why he had a Dodge bed on the pickup in this picture. He was tinkering with a V-12 Jaguar at the time. Thus began an education (he also introduced me to R3 and R4 engine configurations) and a Stude friendship I should not have let go.

Can't remember his name for the life of me now - John something, I think - but he was one of the nicest, most helpful folks you could hope to meet. Helped me find storage for my '59 Lark while I was driving my '64 Daytona and drove me to and from that spot and a couple parts purchases in one of the Bonneville Avantis - #9, I think - I remember having to open the window before I shut the door because the roll cage got in the handle's way.

Looking forward to learning details soon - I'd like to write him a note of thanks.

Comment

Sorry, got the address wrong - it's 17136 Nanette St. Here's the Google street level shot.
                  Attached Files
                  Scott Rodgers
                  Los Angeles
                  SDC Member since 1989
                  \'60 Lark HT
                  \'63 Wagonaire
                  \'66 Frankenbaker

Comment

Working...
                  X