"89 Avanti build sheet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "89 Avanti build sheet

I'm new to this site, so please forgive me if I'm not suppose to be here. Anyway, my question is this: How do I go about getting a build sheet for my Avanti? The info I've gotten from the AOAI was only mildly helpful. I'm casting out a wider net in hopes to get some pertinent information. Thank you for your help.

JB

Jeff: You might try a phone call to Dan Booth at (248)349-4884 in Wixom , MI. I think they had build sheets for some years. They are quite helpful, but I notice their website is down. Nostalgic Motors, Inc. Someone like Skip may have better info.
    "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

Comment

Originally posted by jstrba View Post
      I'm new to this site, so please forgive me if I'm not suppose to be here. Anyway, my question is this: How do I go about getting a build sheet for my Avanti? The info I've gotten from the AOAI was only mildly helpful. I'm casting out a wider net in hopes to get some pertinent information. Thank you for your help.

JB
      I certainly welcome you here on the Forum. One of my Avantis was a 1987 thast I purchased new.
      I really doubt that you will locate a build sheet for any Cafaro/Youngstown Avanti. There were only 158 Avantis, coupe and convertible, built for the 1989 model year. 1989 is also the last year for the Studebaker styled Avanti coupe body.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Build Slip?

In a Co. that size, and with the speed they were built, they probably wrote it on the wall!
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Thank you!

Originally posted by studegary View Post
          I certainly welcome you here on the Forum. One of my Avantis was a 1987 thast I purchased new.
          I really doubt that you will locate a build sheet for any Cafaro/Youngstown Avanti. There were only 158 Avantis, coupe and convertible, built for the 1989 model year. 1989 is also the last year for the Studebaker styled Avanti coupe body.
          Thanks! That's valuable information! I really appreciate it! In my readings, I don't remember a change in body styles ending that model year. How did they manifest themselves?

Jeff

Comment

Build Sheets -

I have copies of the production orders for most if not all 1987-2007 Avantis.

$25.00 Each.

If interested contact me at avantifromct@aol.com

John Hull
            John Hull

Comment

Originally posted by jstrba View Post
              Thanks! That's valuable information! I really appreciate it! In my readings, I don't remember a change in body styles ending that model year. How did they manifest themselves?

Jeff
              1990 were all four door sedans. 1991 was one year for wide convertible bodies. There were no coupes either year. After that, were the three AVX cars and then the new design on Firebird/Mustang chassis.
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Originally posted by Avantict View Post
                I have copies of the production orders for most if not all 1987-2007 Avantis.

$25.00 Each.

If interested contact me at avantifromct@aol.com

John Hull
                Thanks for posting this. I, and I believe most others, were not aware that these existed. It is nice that you make them available.
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Bryant View Post
                  Jeff: You might try a phone call to Dan Booth at (248)349-4884 in Wixom , MI. I think they had build sheets for some years. They are quite helpful, but I notice their website is down. Nostalgic Motors, Inc. Someone like Skip may have better info.
                  Thanks for the vote of confidence (if you meant me), but I would defer to Studegary or John Hull on late Avantis.
                  Skip Lackie

Comment

Working...
                  X