Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave's Favs #17

/////////////////////////
    Last edited by Studedude; 12-14-2010, 05:53 PM.
    sigpic
    Dave Lester

All right, who let that farm implement on the drag strip??

Comment

If it is stock, I think maybe the spectators got tired of waiting for the first lap to finish and went home <g>
      If it was really stock, shouldn't there be about 18 sacks of grain or a cord or 5 of wood in the box to lower it down on the rear springs for the -you know- "traction"? <ggg?
      love it. Local fellow had restored a 47 to that standard, except that he painted the fenders black

Comment

Best part about that pic...
        Gary had a whole 20 miles on that truck since it's rebuild....
        Jeff
        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Originally posted by Jim B PEI View Post
          If it is stock, I think maybe the spectators got tired of waiting for the first lap to finish and went home <g>
          That's Gary Ash. And yep, she's all stock.

I was told it was timed with a sundial, but cannot verify that.
          Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
          Romans 15:13
          Deuteronomy 31:6
          Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbs up.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	3.1 KB
ID:	1663021 say's it all
            61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

That was a fun day (except for JDP's fried wiring system). Charlotte International Meet. Drag racing in Mooresville, just north of Charlotte. Great Pictures.
              Joe Roberts
              '61 R1 Champ
              '65 Cruiser
              Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

I had a buddy years back who's first trip down the dragstrip was in his recently aquired 80-something Trans Am GTA. Nice car I guess.
                It was a Friday so small crowd, all the cars lumped into one class for a gamblers bracket race, winner take all.
                He drew a 7 second rail in the first round. I remember him telling the story, he felt he was 100 feet from the end and looking in the rear view mirror, the tree were just coming down for the rail to leave the line. He blinked and saw a chute open in front of him. Yea, he lost.

Comment

Working...
                X