First step to the chrusher.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First step to the chrusher.

Sorry to say the coupes I have bought, for parts , have exceeded my limit. Something's gotta go.

Certainly you aren't crushing the car in the photo! Wouldn't a Studebaker nut from your area have a home for it (or be willing to help you find one)?
    ~Matt Connor
    Jefferson City, MO
    ~Matt Connor
    '59 Lark 2-door

Comment

If the one in the picture is going to the crusher, I'd like a shot at the grille frames first!
      Thanks
      Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
      '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
      '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
      '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

Comment

It's a tri-star, for the love of Mike! Give the bloody thing away first! Surely, the hundred dollars or so that scrap would bring, is worth it? Pay it forward my friend!
        Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
        K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
        Ron Smith
        Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

It is a 4 door sedan as I see two door handles on the drivers side. Either that or my double vision is back again. <g>
          Frank van Doorn
          Omaha, Ne.
          1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
          1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
          1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Post a video of it being crushed . . ! ! !

Comment

[QUOTE=Flashback;479446]Sorry to say the coupes I have bought, for parts , have exceeded my limit. Something's gotta go.

Tex, are you trying to start some crap or what????
              You talk about coupes and you show a picture of a quadraporte.
              Shame on you. <G>
              I say, Save the bumpers and crush everything else.
              Jerry Forrester
              Forrester's Chrome
              Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

BTW, that "pay it forward" stuff has to be a occasional thing. After parting out 3 rough Avanti's, I'm about ready to list one I saved for maybe 3-5K under what it would bring in parts. I've spent more time and money than I intended, and it has to be a occasional thing or I'll go broke. For those that want to pay it forward on parts cars by saving them, next time I'll let them take the hit.
                In the case of this Avanti, I just had to do the right thing, but can't do all of them by myself.
                JDP Maryland

Comment

Sacrilege.
                  ~Matt Connor
                  '59 Lark 2-door

Comment

Originally posted by JDP View Post
                    BTW, that "pay it forward" stuff has to be a occasional thing. After parting out 3 rough Avanti's, I'm about ready to list one I saved for maybe 3-5K under what it would bring in parts. I've spent more time and money than I intended, and it has to be a occasional thing or I'll go broke. For those that want to pay it forward on parts cars by saving them, next time I'll let them take the hit.
                    In the case of this Avanti, I just had to do the right thing, but can't do all of them by myself.
                    Agreed. Over the years, I have noticed how easy it is to be philanthropic with other people's property here. There are plenty of generous people here, but shouldn't it be their idea?

Comment

[QUOTE=Flashback;479446]Sorry to say the coupes I have bought, for parts , have exceeded my limit. Something's gotta go./QUOTE]

Your limit or your wifes limit?
                      Looks like a fine car to be a runner to me.
                      I have a 1950 4 door Commander a 51 land cruiser And a 52 Champion
                      sigpic
                      I'll Tattoo you anytime!
                      And you can find me at....

New Shop Name Same tattoo shop
                      Crazy Lady Ink
                      Shakopee Mn.
                      952-445-3281
                      27 years in the tattooing biz

Comment

Originally posted by 41 Frank View Post
                        It is a 4 door sedan as I see two door handles on the drivers side. Either that or my double vision is back again. <g>
                        Looks like you are correct to me, Frank.

All you folk raving about it being crushed, but nobody has made the man an offer yet. Ante up guys.
                        Joe Roberts
                        '61 R1 Champ
                        '65 Cruiser
                        Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Put the car on ebay someone will buy the car for more than scrap. If I was closer I'd buy it ....

Comment

Didn't mean to mislead. It is the 4 door sedan I am stripping. I meant I bought 2 coupes
                            for parts and I need to move the 4 door. And yes it is my wife's limit, not mine. And, oops,
                            I just noticed I mispelled Crusher. Not many people in my area intrested. I am stripping
                            before hauling, And, brngarage the grill shells are just for a little labor and shipping. BUT,
                            they are NOT coupe. Bumpers are being saved Jerry. Anyone intrested in the car, I will
                            describe and price. O, one other thing, YES money is tight. I am already over budget on my 53, and almost at a standstill. Thanks, Tex
                            Last edited by Flashback; 08-08-2010, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by barnlark View Post
                              Agreed. Over the years, I have noticed how easy it is to be philanthropic with other people's property here. There are plenty of generous people here, but shouldn't it be their idea?
                              Yes, and sometimes it pays to give someone else alternatives and opportunities. As to being philanthropic with other people's property, yes that's very easy. It's probably the five Studebakers (all of them parts cars) I've given away in six years that are the cause for my poverty.

I do practice what I preach boys.

Tex, list it on the 'bay as parts with no minimum or reserve and see what happens. Just make it clear that they must take the whole car and transport themselves.
                              Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                              K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                              Ron Smith
                              Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Working...
                              X