Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone in the midwest parting anyhawks??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone in the midwest parting anyhawks??????

looking for somone in the the midwest area who is parting out a hawk,,, Ive got a 57 S Hawk and need some parts,,, Id lilke to do buisness in the midwest if I can... closer,,,, email if you can help,,,, thanks in advance.

christineman

What part of the midwest do you seek? I consider Missouri/Kansas to be Midwest but Indiana/Ohio get called midwest by the news gods in New York City.

Also what parts are you looking for? I have parted a couple of hawks years ago when I had one, with a few remaining pieces I would sell. Also my local club's website ( http://studebu.tripod.com/id7.html) has mentioned one being parted before going to the crusher. Car is located in central Missouri if it hasn't already met the crusher.
    \'57 3E6-12 Transtar Deluxe
    \'64 Daytona HT

Comment

To much is made of where things are, keep in mind some of the better item are not in the midwest and one might need to go further to find them, not saying that all the parts we have here out west are the best because they are not but the picking is a little better, if you need and want the best one should not rule out travel to get it, I know bucks are tight and need to keep that in mind but but sometime getting a bad part to fix can cost more than a little more travel or shipping
      Candbstudebakers
      Castro Valley,
      California

Comment

What are you looking for?
        Klif
        55 Speedster/Street Machine
        63 Avanti R2
        64 Convertible R1

Comment

Near Joplin, MO-----Call 417-623-4847

Comment

Originally posted by snowy_buffalo View Post
            What part of the midwest do you seek? I consider Missouri/Kansas to be Midwest but Indiana/Ohio get called midwest by the news gods in New York City.
            A little off topic but the "Midwest" is normally regarded as the North central US from Ohio in the East to the Great Plains states in the West and from the Canadian border to roughly the Ohio River. At the time of the Civil war the states bordering the Mississippi were considered "Western" states.

Comment

Those darn civil war news gods...<G>

Comment

Originally posted by Hippie View Post
                A little off topic but the "Midwest" is normally regarded as the North central US from Ohio in the East to the Great Plains states in the West and from the Canadian border to roughly the Ohio River. At the time of the Civil war the states bordering the Mississippi were considered "Western" states.
                Originally posted by Hippie View Post
                Interesting interpretation of "Midwest" when you define it as the "North Central US"....<G>..... Not sure how Mid and West equate to North and Central? .....BTW Kansas is the geographical center of the 48 contiguous states so that ought to be the "Mid" not some point east of the Mississippi River.....<G>......Since you've added the mention of the great plains states to the discussion.....what are the boundaries for that?? Mississippi River to the Rockies, Canada border to Texas?? Is Texas in the "Southwest" because it's west of the Mississippi when it's due south of Kansas that is the CENTER of the contguous 48 or does it have some other classification ??? .....By your definition of Midwest then the OZARK MOUNTAINS, and Springfield that will be the site of the International in 2011, are in the Great Plains. ....Mountains in the Great Plains......Novel idea....<G>

Bottom line Christineman asked for parts in the "Midwest", but hasn't answered back what HE considers midwest since he's the one wanting parts.
                \'57 3E6-12 Transtar Deluxe
                \'64 Daytona HT

Comment

Working...
                X