Toy - is this Sheba?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toy - is this Sheba?

I just got this Maisto 1/64th 53. It sure reminds me of a certain full scale!

--george
    1963 Lark Daytona HT - 63V J8 175

there's one on ebay right now.

--george
    1963 Lark Daytona HT - 63V J8 175

Comment

That Diesel Truck front bumper kinda kills it for me! I guess they were not quite sure if it should have a spoiler or a truck bumper so they used a hybrid!
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Can someone give me suggestions about on a steel 'marx' Stude dump truck? Its about a foot long, blue cab, yellow dump box, red frame.. Its in kind of rough shape has one missing tire, some other tires are split on the seams, most of the paint is fair, some rusty chips/scratches....

Did they have an air horn on the roof? did they have plastic where the glass would be? How hard are these to find? Should I find good tires for it, paint it? or leave it sad looking? I paid 20 bucks, did I do OK?

Thanks.

Comment

The model is a Starliner. IIRC, Sheba is a Starlight.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

On your Marx dump truck ....I have all versions of this truck and my dump is red body with blue dump adn yellow bumpers. It does have air horns on the roof and now plastic windows.
            It has rubber tires and the grille and headlights are a gray plastic . You can buy replacement parts for this truck through Shrock Brothers ....they make Studebaker toys. Goggle for their web site. At $ 20 I think you did well . Sounds like a paint job and replacement of some parts are in order and you will have a nice toy Studebaker
            Are you aware of the The Toy Studebaker Collectors Club? contact me for information if you are interested.

Joe Parsons

Comment

Working...
            X