ID a bunch of different supercharger parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ID a bunch of different supercharger parts

I have a dual belt pulley, anodized aluminum. This is the one that goes on the blower. It is smaller than the single belt pulley for a regular R2 Hawk . Is this an aftermarket or were they like this for the Avanti R2 (or is this R3) ?

This measures a hair shy of 4.5 inches at the farthest points. I measured deep in the grove and it is 12.0

I got a bunch of new Lark, Hawk, and Avanti supercharger parts in trade and they all look like such a mix, I am confused what this pulley goes to. I never knew there were so many new Supercharger parts available, I am having trouble looking them all up. Can you put an R 4 air cleaner on a Lark? where did it go?

Can you put an R 4 air cleaner on a Lark?
    Since your first post refers to supercharger parts, assume you meant R3 or R2 air cleaner?

jack vines
    PackardV8

Comment

The Avanti parts book that came with the stuff says this air cleaner is R3 or R4 from an Avanti. Its a chrome 'box' and looks different than the R2 which just says 'Hawk' on the tag.

I like the idea of fresh air intake for my wagon, but where did it mount?

Comment

The dual belt pulley sounds like the Avanti pulley. The Larks and Hawks usually had the single pulley, while the Avanti's had the dual pulley with matched belts.
        1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
        1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
        1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
        1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

Not sure what's going on with your air cleaner, but the R4 air cleaner is certainly not the same as an R2 or R3 as the R4 is a non-supercharged, dual quad application. Perhaps you could post some pics of the parts you have questions about?
          Jim
          Often in error, never in doubt
          http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

____1966 Avanti II RQA 0088_______________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152____________http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

Comment

I am restoring an R3 Avanti and could use that if it is truly an R3 filter.
            I PM-ed you please contact me.
            I could also use the dual grove idler/tensioner pulley
            Last edited by bezhawk; 08-06-2010, 03:54 AM.
            Bez Auto Alchemy
            573-318-8948
            http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

I sent him an email about the air cleaner yesterday, but have not heard from him either. If it is for a Hawk I need it for my R2 Hawk.
              Allen

Comment

I thought I saw the air cleaner as R3/R4 in the book. Now I see it is R3 for Avanti/non pcv and actually has BIGGER intake than the rest. The other air cleaner is R2 Hawk, I searched the web and found a picture.

Back to the pulley, is the 4.5 inch pulley an aftermarket high output or stock? Not sure how to get emails or post a picture. nothing in the inbox.

Comment

picture test

trying to post pictures. The air cleaner pics won't load, but I know what they are now.

Comment

In the pix I see what I take to be a LS reproduction R3 air box, but no air filter housing.

Quite a mixed bag of parts. There is a tachometer drive for the distributor, but those were used '55-61 or so. The R3 air box was a '63-64 only part and can't tell about the carbs without P/Ns.

jack vines
                    Last edited by PackardV8; 08-06-2010, 11:41 AM.
                    PackardV8

Comment

Jim mentioned a dual quad intake set up.What were those used on? What is one worth? That sounds interesting!

Comment

Originally posted by AKAchamptrucking View Post
                        Jim mentioned a dual quad intake set up.What were those used on? What is one worth? That sounds interesting!

The R4 dual quad air cleaner was almost identical to those used on that year Corvettes
                        64 GT Hawk (K7)
                        1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Working...
                        X