tailgate step

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tailgate step

I just saw a new commercial on tv,showing a step built into the tailgate of a Furd truck,flips down so you can walk up onto the gate!! Another Studebaker idea recycled!

LaSalle,Il
    61Hawk
    Oglesby,Il.

Ya know, if someone were to build a Wagonaire today, ya couldn't afford it.
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Ya know, if someone were to build a Wagonaire today, ya couldn't afford it.
      Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I saw that add today, and I thought to myself "Hmmm...this seems oddly familiar."

They've been out of business for over four decades, and their ideas are still ahead of some auto manufacturers. Is it any wonder I love these cars?

--------
        Restoring my grandfather's '60 Lark, one rusted bolt at a time.

Maple Lake, Minnesota
        '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

I saw that add today, and I thought to myself "Hmmm...this seems oddly familiar."

They've been out of business for over four decades, and their ideas are still ahead of some auto manufacturers. Is it any wonder I love these cars?

--------
          Restoring my grandfather's '60 Lark, one rusted bolt at a time.

Maple Lake, Minnesota
          '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by 52hawk

I just saw a new commercial on tv,showing a step built into the tailgate of a Furd truck,flips down so you can walk up onto the gate!! Another Studebaker idea recycled!

Furd must be targeting ageing Wagonaire owners who now miss their step!! How thoughful of them to include a foldaway assist handle!

Craig

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by 52hawk

Furd must be targeting ageing Wagonaire owners who now miss their step!! How thoughful of them to include a foldaway assist handle!

Craig

Comment

You would think GM invented the sliding roofed wagon the way they act.....

Comment

You would think GM invented the sliding roofed wagon the way they act.....

Comment

First it was the 'hillholder'-one of the Japanese cars?I don't remember which-then the sliding roof -GM-..Now the tailgate step.What's next?,the oval shaped steering wheel??[1961]
                    Remember the Jeep posi-traction commercials from years ago,showing a Jeep climbing over a stump with the left front tire on the stump,the right front tire on the ground??[we call it TwinTraction !!!]

LaSalle,Il
                    61Hawk
                    Oglesby,Il.

Comment

First it was the 'hillholder'-one of the Japanese cars?I don't remember which-then the sliding roof -GM-..Now the tailgate step.What's next?,the oval shaped steering wheel??[1961]
                      Remember the Jeep posi-traction commercials from years ago,showing a Jeep climbing over a stump with the left front tire on the stump,the right front tire on the ground??[we call it TwinTraction !!!]

LaSalle,Il
                      61Hawk
                      Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Working...
                      X