1956 Wagon??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1956 Wagon??

Please help my memory. Was there any place on a 1956 Wagon that said Studebaker? I have Commander and Parkview but no Studebaker. Am I missing something.

The plastic crest on the hood and the Serial Number Plate!

Since the car is actually a Studebaker Parkview, in '57 the Commander nameplate was removed, even though technically they are 57B Commanders, just not called that, like '56 Sky Hawks are not called Presidents, but they are: (56H).

Come to think about it, they did ADD "Studebaker" block letters on the rear on '57's and both front & rear on '58's.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 08-02-2010, 03:55 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

LOL, I run into this all the time! We have a lot of traffic stops here in Trinity county as they're working on the highways all summer long. I'll be stopped at one of these waiting on the flagman, and someone from further down the line will run up to look at the rear of the car. They invariably call back to their car, "I don't know, it just says Parkview!"

So, I lean out the window and call back, "That's STUDEBAKER Parkview, my friend!" Almost always get a grin or smile in return. Someitmes they come up to the window to ask about the car.

But yes, only the two plastic emblems front and rear say Studebaker on them and they're hard to read. Not even the radio gives it away. It's kind of like they didn't want anyone to know. I mean, the sedans have it on the trunk lid, why not the wagons?
      Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
      K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
      Ron Smith
      Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Working...
      X