Studebaker Junior goat wagon post card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Junior goat wagon post card

Did a forum member happen to win this post card on Ebay?
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Geeze, Dick; I thought that was you standing by the wagon circa age 12, and that's why you wanted the photo. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
      Geeze, Dick; I thought that was you standing by the wagon circa age 12, and that's why you wanted the photo. BP
      I hadn't noted until you mentioned it how poised, handsome, well groomed and altogether manly he looks. You are correct he does look a lot like me.
      Richard Quinn

Comment

Nice job cleaning that up, Richard. Judging by the clothing, I'd say the picture was taken from 1890 to 1910. It might be a bit later, but I seriously doubt it. Clothing for children changed quite a lot after WWI. Must have been a really rough ride in that unsprung wagon with it's tiny wheels.
        Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
        K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
        Ron Smith
        Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

The earliest ads I can find on the Studebaker Juniors are dated 1903. I know that Teddy Roosevelts son owned one during his fathers presidency (1901-1909). They continued being made by the South Bend Toy Company up through 1941-42. The jury is still out as to whether the early versions were made by Studebaker or South Bend Toy ( I tend to believe Studebaker). In any event a great promotional item of which many originals have survived (and quality reproductions are still available).
          Richard Quinn

Comment

Working...
          X