New Member and owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member and owner

HI ya all . proud new owner of 1951 1 1/2 ton studebaker truck...Looking for a few parts, drivers door, left front signal light and gas gauge..any leeds would be appricatted!!!!!!
    Thanks Cowboy willy

Welcome Cowboy! Parts can be found in a variety of places. Our largest supplier by far is Studebaker International. Their address is:

Studebaker International Inc.
    97 North 150 West
    Greenfield, IN 46140-8562
    317-462-3124
    fax: 317-462-8891

Since you are a self-described newcomer, I would also highly recommend joining the Club. The dues are reasonable and the monthy magazine (newsletter) is excellent. Also, the ads in the magazine are a great resource for everything you have mentioned as needs.

As to the floors, there's a company that does them exactly to match the originals. However, someone else will have to supply the name as I've forgotten. Old age, I suppose.
    Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Thanks studeclunker I am a new member and do thank anyone whom can point me in the direction

Comment

Check out the Studebaker Truck Farmers as well. You may fit right in...
        Jon Stalnaker
        Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Floor repair panels

Originally posted by cowboy willy View Post
          Thanks studeclunker I am a new member and do thank anyone whom can point me in the direction
          Welcome and congratulations you've joined a great car family.

Here's a source for patch panels

Welcome to Classic Enterprises where we manufacture restoration car and truck parts for the Studebaker Avanti, Coupe, Hawk, Lark, pre-Lark post-war Sedan, C-cab pickup and T-cab pickup; also Jeep, Willys and the Ford Fairlane 500 retractable and convertible. Visit us at http://www.classicent.com. Reproductions are of the same gauge steel as the original in most applications, or a heavier gauge wherever the original component was too light for its application.

As far as doors etc. if you don't get an answer on here check out E-Bay and jaxed.com (once you get home page click on the mash, then go to the top left and choose part, once that pulls up type in Studebaker, you can then either click on go and it will search all of the areas of you can use the pull down tab and search by area or state.

By all means join the SDC and your local chapter. And don't forget to join up with the Truck farmers The part you need may be right down the street, you can post a classified ad in the SDC mag and in your local chapter news letter.

Comment

You will get lots of help from this group. Welcome.

Comment

Welcome! Good luck on the doors. they are not impossible to find but not easy. Where are you located? I have a gas guage that may be good. Click on my name at the left and send me a PM with your address and its yours for shipping. Depending on how authentic you want to stay there are several options for the turn signal (I think your truck uses the one on top of the fender) . NAPA has a universal one with lenses on both sides that looks pretty good. I havent looked for one through the vendors. Be sure to drop in to your local Drivers club meet and see what you might find there. And post some pics of your "new" truck so we may all enjoy it. Good Luck, Steve
              sigpic

Comment

cowboy willy, email sent to you.
                Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Hey, Cowboy
                  Welcome to the Forum.
                  As others have said, go on Studebaker Truck Talk
                  Tapatalk the world's leading mobile platform for building great communities online

and let them know what you are looking for and what part of the country is convenient distance to you.

We also have a website you should visit at:

Andwhile you are on Truck Talk, Search for STF to learn about us. if you decide to join up with our Studebaker Truck Farmers bunch, just send an email to the STF membership guy, Dave Batka (aka 289stude) at john@bootbox.com . No signup cost, no dues, no fees, just a love for Stude Trucks is all you need.
                  Last edited by stude53; 08-02-2010, 04:12 PM.

Comment

And you can register your truck at http://2rtruck.need-a-geek.com/
                    Rick
                    Kingman, AZ

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome guys but give time and will post a pic of my truck but need help!!! haven't figured that out yet.

Comment

Working...
                      X