ohv 6 cylinder fuel delivery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ohv 6 cylinder fuel delivery

62 ohv 6 cylinder engine, fuel delivery problem. Line clear from the tank to the fuel pump, no fuel delivered when cranking engine. Removed the fuel pump and delivered fuel when pumped by hand. Any suggestions? Hopfully it is not a worn out lobe. Thanks

fuel delivery

I had the same problem on a 61 V8 Lark. One day while traveling, it just wouldn't run. I made the same check you did and the pump was fine when operated by hand. I had a round file in my tool box, so elongated the fuel pump mounting holes about 1/8", moving the pump up. The car ran A-OK all the way back home. I had a similar problem in '05 with my Ford 6.9. The fuel delivery pump was OK operated by hand but would not pump when mounted. I replaced the pump with a new one to no avail. I hooked up an elec pump and drove it a year, then replaced the cam lobe with a new piece from Ford. It still wouldn't pump. I never figured the problem out and kept using the elec pump until I replaced the truck.

Comment

I had one here that was doing the same thing. I tacked welded strip of 20 guage metal on the arm. I guess it is still running.

Comment

fuel pump

I tried that on the truck before replacing the pump, but it didnt work

Comment

Be sure to check for a pinhole or loose clamp on a flexible line. A vacuum leak will do the same thing and sometimes not show up when blowing through a line.
          Bez Auto Alchemy
          573-318-8948
          http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions, appreciate it. Irv

Comment

Working...
            X