New member 51 r20 dualy truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member 51 r20 dualy truck

Hi you all. Hoping some one can point me in the direction of finding some parts for my truck. Any help would be much appreciated,
    thanks cowboy willy

Good to have you with us. What parts are you looking for? Let this group know and they will do their best to help you out.
    Joe Roberts
    '61 R1 Champ
    '65 Cruiser
    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Welcome. You'll get lots of help here, but it would be easier to advise you if we knew what items you're looking for. There are a lot of Stude parts vendors; some are listed here:

There is another site that specializes in Stude trucks:

Tapatalk the world's leading mobile platform for building great communities online

Tell us what model truck you have. It sounds like it might be a 2R16 or 2R17. The model number is on the serial number plate that is on the step riser on the driver's side.

Most mechanical parts for Studebakers are readily available, but some truck body parts are getting rare and expensive. Some components, such as brakes and rear axles, were shared with other makes of heavy trucks. Stude trucks, along with most other contemporary models, suffered from rust problems. Some replacement body patch panels are available from a company called Classic Enterprises. Lots more help and info is available on line through the links already posted on the SDC website:

Good luck with your truck.
      Skip Lackie

Comment

Welcome...you have come to the right place. If what you need is out there someone here will know where.

Comment

If you have joined SDC you will also be receiving TURNING WHEELS magazine. All the main vendors and many of the scrap parts vendors are in there every month.

Good to have you aboard.
          Brad Johnson,
          SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
          '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Welcome to the Studebaker family. Due to today's economy and the price of gas, and the cost of packing and shipping certain parts, it would help to know where you are located. You might find you are close to someone who has just what you need! (...thinking, "fat chance" while typing this!)

I have a couple of trucks myself. Good luck with yours.
            John Clary
            Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Working...
            X