Where's Richard Johnson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where's Richard Johnson?

I have been emailing Richard Johson about some parts for over a week and have heard no responce. Does anyone know if he is OK? Nice guy, I hope so.

JK

I called him when I went through Brookshire on my home from Fredericksburg on Sun, & he did not answer or call back. He's probably busy now.
    Any parts in particular you need?

Comment

Just the ones I paid for three weeks ago. I am not worried about the parrts but I have emailed him several time in the last ten days and no answer. All my corrispondence is through ebay. Do you have an email other than ebay?

JK

Comment

I spoke to him a few days ago.
        Very,very nice gentleman with an awful lot happening at present.Wouldn't be concerned at all about parts as he's kept parts for me for ever.I had a wonderful,though sadly,very short visit down there with him recently and hope to stay longer next time.Might even get into a project together if possible.
        Apart from the heat and humidity down there which knocks him out ,I think he's okay.
        Send me your contact info. and I'll let him know you're trying to get in touch.
        Tony
        A.C.Moisley

Comment

I heard of the difficulties you had on your trip to the US & missed meeting you at the International meet, Tony. I am just about an hour & a half from Richard.

Comment

Hi Barry.
            Nice to hear from you.
            Yes,it certainly was an adventure.We were screwed over for about a week in Phoenix,but overcame the problem by buying a U-Haul truck.We did 9500 miles in 3 weeks and about 3000 miles were with a Packard Hawk on the back( on a dolly) from New Jersey,through Wyoming then down to San Francisco.
            We had a great time,but because we lost a week,we didn't get to see some old friends and make some new ones,which we were looking forward to.We did catch up with Richard Johnson,Ed Jones in New Jersey,Ed Montgomery who was a chapter president in Syracuse a good few years ago,Al Reno from Palmyra who bought up nearly all the Hawks and parted them out over the years,Jim Locke from South Bend,Stan Mundy in Evansville,Wyoming who has a 28Ford pickup Rat style rod with Stude V8.We went for a spin in it and it was unbelievable and fast too,Ron Smith ( studeclunker up in the hills near Sacramento,Sal de Paola and Bob Peterson.Bob and all the guys were great,so it made up for the poor start to the trip. We even carted an M16 cab and sheet metal from Arizona to Georgia for Robert Miller who needed a rust free cab.
            We hope to get back next year and will come down to see Richard again as we felt bad that we couldn't have spent a few days with him.We'd look forward to meeting you and saying "Hi" too.
            Regards,
            Tony
            A.C.Moisley

Comment

Working...
            X