GT Hawk Power Steering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GT Hawk Power Steering

The new replacement hoses arrived today and so tommorrow I plan on changing the left and right turn hoses on the GT Hawk. The hoses go from the control valve to the power cylinder. The existing hose has developed a leak and I thought as long as I'm under there I might as well change them both. I plan on doing one hose at a time. Are there any suggestions out there for this job?
    Peter Bishop

Peter, I have read all the posts about how hard it is to change these hoses. My only experience has been to recently replace all 4 hoses on my 64 Avanti. (I suggest changing all 4) I can only assume that it is nearly the same job. I ordered the hoses from Dave Thibeault. I expected to have a whole world of trouble, but I think I had about 3 hours total in the job with no special tools. I dropped the left exhaust header, pulled the starter motor out, carefully noted which hoses go where, and started with the most obvious one first. I did not have to remove the pitman arm or the control valve. The hoses fit perfectly-----no more leaks!!
    1967 Riviera, 1964 Avanti R/2-R5096, 1953 Champion-R/1,4spd, Two 1967 Studebaker Gravely tractorssigpic

Comment

Did all four hoses on mine, just took time and put them in order as you can get to them. I used brake line wrenches to get the best hold on the nut. Get starter and exhaust out of your way.

Comment

Working...
      X