Correct AC Kicker??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correct AC Kicker??

Posted a while back about my '63 R1 Avanti automatic stalling out at stop lights when AC was on. Suggestion was made to get the AC Kicker from Jon Myers. I did but it won't work with my Edelbrock. Will only work with the original Carter. Is there AC Kicker that will work with Edelbrock? I turned up the timing temporarily to deal with this problem which works, but I prefer to put the timing back to where it was.

Here you go.....

(copy)
    Idle Compensator KIt (Maintains correct idle speed when air conditioner is on)
    Includes 12-volt solenoid and mounting bracket for all Edelbrock square-bore carburetors.8059

Originally posted by Jaybot View Post
    Posted a while back about my '63 R1 Avanti automatic stalling out at stop lights when AC was on. Suggestion was made to get the AC Kicker from Jon Myers. I did but it won't work with my Edelbrock. Will only work with the original Carter. Is there AC Kicker that will work with Edelbrock? I turned up the timing temporarily to deal with this problem which works, but I prefer to put the timing back to where it was.
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Many Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
        Here you go.....

(copy)
        Idle Compensator KIt (Maintains correct idle speed when air conditioner is on)
        Includes 12-volt solenoid and mounting bracket for all Edelbrock square-bore carburetors.8059

I have the same problem except that I have the AFB (All I have is a capped vacuum line- no kicker). Will the electric kicker work on an AFB?
        Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
        '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Yes, it will work. That link is for Edelbrock Performer (AFB) and Thunder series carbs.
          Jeff

Originally posted by 53k View Post
          I have the same problem except that I have the AFB (All I have is a capped vacuum line- no kicker). Will the electric kicker work on an AFB?
          HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybot View Post

What do you mean...."it won't work with your Edelbrock"?? It works fine with mine..

Probably one of the best driveability 'fixes" made to the car..
            Last edited by 64V-K7; 07-27-2010, 04:03 PM. Reason: more info
            64 GT Hawk (K7)
            1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Working...
            X