Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chirs' other eye candy 7/27 '58 Packard wagon

Chris Dresbach

I posted one 4 sale in Canada a while back,don't know if anybody followed up.They certainly are a interesting car after being involved in the hobby for 30yrs. I've only seen 1 or 2.

Comment

Not my cup of tea, but those add-on headlamps look better on this front-end than the Studebaker one. I think the '57 PackardBakers were just the Cat's Wiskers!
      Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
      K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
      Ron Smith
      Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Only 159 '58 Packard Wagons built. I'd love to own one. If my '58 Commander were a wagon, it wouldn't be for sale.

If they haven't been crushed, I know where 2 '58 Packard Wagons are in Georgia. One used to belong to none-other than Mr. Biggs in the 1970's. Sadly I've heard that they wouldn't even make good parts cars now.
        Last edited by mbstude; 07-27-2010, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by studeclunker View Post
          Not my cup of tea, but those add-on headlamps look better on this front-end than the Studebaker one. I think the '57 PackardBakers were just the Cat's Wiskers!
          You mean like this one?

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0428.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	1662866
          Chip
          '63 Cruiser
          '57 Packard wagon
          '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
          '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

One of these was well represented in a Stephen King movie I saw on the weekend... I forget the name, but it starred Anthony Hopkins.

Comment

Sorry, but that's got to be the ugliest car ever built.

Comment

The firs time I saw one, I too thought what a crazy looking wagon fins, crome 50's to the max. Oh but how that look has grown on me .That was in the 60's a black an white one at a local radieator shop got to know the owner after he passed I would see his son driveing it. I have no idea if it's still around it was always in top shape and being a car in Sacramento it could last forever.

Comment

Originally posted by raoul5788 View Post
                  You mean like this one?
                  Zack-lee! Ar, ar, ar, ar! 'Course if it was in the same colour scheme as Bess, it would be perfect!

jnormanh
                  Sorry, but that's got to be the ugliest car ever built.

Well... Ppppptttthhhtttt! So there!

LOL, I must admit, they are just a scoche over the top... are'nt they? Then again, their very bourgeoisere is the very source and expression of their charm. Iconic, kind of like those torpedo tail-lighted fins on the Cadillac.
                  Last edited by studeclunker; 07-27-2010, 04:22 PM.
                  Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                  K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                  Ron Smith
                  Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Dang! If that wagon is a brick-red on the bottom, THAT is EXACTLY what our neighbor's car looked like! I wonder where/when that picture was taken? Their car had a supercharger on it, probably done at the local Studebaker dealer, Munn Studebaker on RT-5 at Lake street in Woodlawn, NY.
                    Sonny
                    http://RacingStudebakers.com

Comment

Originally posted by Sonny View Post
                      Dang! If that wagon is a brick-red on the bottom, THAT is EXACTLY what our neighbor's car looked like! I wonder where/when that picture was taken? Their car had a supercharger on it, probably done at the local Studebaker dealer, Munn Studebaker on RT-5 at Lake street in Woodlawn, NY.
                      Which car Sonny, the '57 or the '58? I figure you mean the ''58 since it's in black and white.
                      Chip
                      '63 Cruiser
                      '57 Packard wagon
                      '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Yep, I was talkin' about the wagon, Chip. They had as many kids as we did, (a BUNCH). We had a '58 Provincial wagon, (dove grey/white top), at the same time and my Dad used to help the Packard owner when his Packard needed fixed...
                        Sonny
                        http://RacingStudebakers.com

Comment

My favorite car of all ! Just sold 3 Packards (58 hardtop, 57 sedan and 57 wagon) to make room for a purchase of another 58 Packard wagon. They are tough to find, but of the original 159, we know the whereabouts of 20 of them.
                          Last edited by 58PackardWagon; 07-28-2010, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 58PackardWagon View Post
                            My favorite car of all ! Just sold 3 Packards (58 hardtop, 57 sedan and 57 wagon) to make room for a purchase of another 58 Packard wagon. They are tough to find, but of the original 159, we know the whereaboutd of 20 of them.
                            That's about the same as the '57s, isn't it, Joe? There were 13 or so on the 2001 roster, with a few more popping up over the last couple of years.
                            Chip
                            '63 Cruiser
                            '57 Packard wagon
                            '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

I saw a Packard Wagon at the Goldenrod Garage in Freeport, Maine in June. I do not know if it was a '57 or '58. It may be that interested people already know of the car. It would take a lot of work to make it look as pretty as Chip's!
                              "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

Comment

Working...
                              X