Gravel pan identity please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gravel pan identity please.

The brother and I were exploring in the back garage where a lot of my Studebaker parts have been stored for the last 30 years or longer. We did not find some of what I was looking for, but found some surprises that I had forgotten buying. I ran out of time to take pictures today, but will have some later. Most of the stuff is for a 52 of course, but there are some other items.
    The reason for this post is that I found a gravel deflector or dust shield for under the bumper of a Studebaker. I remember buying this piece at an auction in North Dakota in 1984 because I thought it would fit a 52. After trying it on my car I realized it fit some other model. The parts at the auction fit mostly 1947-52 cars and trucks so I am guessing it fits a late 40s Stude. Can anybody tell from these pictures?

"In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

It looks like the one on my 51.

Comment

Does the one on your car come to that slight peak in the center? The 52 is much more straight across the back.
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

'51 also does not have the center angle; nor does the '50.
        Brad Johnson,
        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Originally posted by 52-fan View Post
          The brother and I were exploring in the back garage where a lot of my Studebaker parts have been stored for the last 30 years or longer. We did not find some of what I was looking for, but found some surprises that I had forgotten buying. I ran out of time to take pictures today, but will have some later. Most of the stuff is for a 52 of course, but there are some other items.
          The reason for this post is that I found a gravel deflector or dust shield for under the bumper of a Studebaker. I remember buying this piece at an auction in North Dakota in 1984 because I thought it would fit a 52. After trying it on my car I realized it fit some other model. The parts at the auction fit mostly 1947-52 cars and trucks so I am guessing it fits a late 40s Stude. Can anybody tell from these pictures?

Looks like 47-9 passanger.
          Bo

Comment

Howard, this definitely fits a '47 Champion like mine and probably at least the 48. Looks NOS.

Comment

Definitely NOS. The brown on it is dust not rust. The auction was at an old dealership that dropped out of Studebakers and went with tractors. The part is in the factory primer and had a remnant of the tag wired to it. Another pre forum item that was hard to identify and difficult to connect to someone who needed it.
              Last edited by 52-fan; 07-27-2010, 08:07 AM.
              Searcy, Arkansas
              1952 2R pickup

Comment

Working...
              X