PDA

View Full Version : Headliner 1950



studebakerjeff
04-10-2007, 05:37 PM
My headliner on my 1950 studebaker business coupe needs to be replaced. My car is a light gray.

What color should the headliner be? I ordered a Ivory headliner and it just doesn't look right,and I have't installed it yet.I called Loga and he thought it should be ivory.The headliner is so faded,so it is hard to find what color it was.I removed some trim to see if any headliner was there, that was not faded.I also look under the glove box for Id,and under the seat,nothing.I special ordered the headliner,and I'm not going to put it in,if it is the wrong color. I'm not sure what studebaker did or how they matched the colors.

Is there a web site that would show the diffrent combos?


Jeff

JDP
04-10-2007, 06:39 PM
I usually supply a taupe or light gray fabric headliner for the 1950 Studebakers, unless the customer chooses otherwise..

64 Commander-64 Daytona
64 GT R2 clone-63 GT R2
63 Avanti R1
63 Daytona convert-63
63 Lark 2 door
62 Lark 2 door
60 Lark HT-60Hawk
59 3E truck
52 & 53 Starliner
51 Commander

rockne10
04-10-2007, 09:52 PM
I believe taupe was original. My '51 had light gray broadcloth on the door and rear panel trim but the headliner was taupe.

Brad Johnson
Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g233/rockne10/51x2.jpg'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight

3rdGenStude
04-10-2007, 10:50 PM
quote:Originally posted by studebakerjeff

My headliner on my 1950 studebaker business coupe needs to be replaced. My car is a light gray.

What color should the headliner be?

My '50 has a black exterior, but the interior cloth (except main seat surfaces) is all taupe with a mouse-fur tan carpet.

Access to charts showing interior colors (including paint for window surrounds and dash) would be nice to have available.


Paul

1950 Land Cruiser project

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q248/3rdGenStude/Avatars/R_front.jpg http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q248/3rdGenStude/Avatars/back_view.jpg

John Kirchhoff
04-11-2007, 09:39 AM
Paul, concerning your mouse-fur tan carpet, there's no way you could get something like that these days. The PETA people would be all over you for having all those cute little incontinent mice killed!

3rdGenStude
04-11-2007, 02:07 PM
quote:Originally posted by John Kirchhoff

Paul, concerning your mouse-fur tan carpet, there's no way you could get something like that these days. The PETA people would be all over you for having all those cute little incontinent mice killed!


John,

SHhhhhhh... Don't tell anybody. I've been running a clandestine mouse farm ever since buying Boris. While I don't kill the mice for their fur, PETA people would be pretty upset to know that I've been shearing them like sheep even during the winter, and saving up all those millions of little mouse hairs to turn them into a new carpet some day. You ought to see the little buggers shiver! :D



Paul

1950 Land Cruiser project

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q248/3rdGenStude/Avatars/R_front.jpg http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q248/3rdGenStude/Avatars/back_view.jpg

studebakerjeff
04-12-2007, 08:48 AM
So if the headliner is taupe,What color is the windlace?


Jeff

3rdGenStude
04-12-2007, 05:26 PM
quote:Originally posted by studebakerjeff

So if the headliner is taupe,What color is the windlace?

Jeff,

Understand that mine is still the original, it is badly stained with cigarette smoke and definitely in need of replacing.

But with that said, the windlace on mine is a pretty close color match for the headliner. That holds true for cleaner areas that were covered as well as the exposed areas that are stained on both windlace and headliner.


Paul

1950 Land Cruiser project

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q248/3rdGenStude/Avatars/R_front.jpg http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q248/3rdGenStude/Avatars/back_view.jpg

studebakerjeff
04-12-2007, 06:35 PM
Paul, Mine is the same, Thanks for the help.

Jeff
quote:Originally posted by 3rdGenStude


quote:Originally posted by studebakerjeff

So if the headliner is taupe,What color is the windlace?

Jeff,

Understand that mine is still the original, it is badly stained with cigarette smoke and definitely in need of replacing.

But with that said, the windlace on mine is a pretty close color match for the headliner. That holds true for cleaner areas that were covered as well as the exposed areas that are stained on both windlace and headliner.


Paul

1950 Land Cruiser project

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q248/3rdGenStude/Avatars/R_front.jpg http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q248/3rdGenStude/Avatars/back_view.jpg