1953 Electric wiper motor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1953 Electric wiper motor?

Are there more than one electric wiper motor for 50s coupes? I see a bosch motor for sale but it doesn't look exactly like mine. I don't see bosch on my motor either. The one I'm looking at has 4 wires , and mine has 3 wires if thats any help. They look similar but not the same.

Thanks for any help

The original 6 Volt unit on pre-1956 C & K Models is a Redmond brand. The four wire, is USUALLY a Prestolite '63-'64 Hawk or Truck which of course is 12 Volt and uses a different switch for the wiper parking function.

All of the Bosch motors I have seen were 3 wire from '60 Larks, but Studebaker did purchase these from multiple suppliers.

Is this motor complete with the triangular mounting bracket, transmission and Parking Switch as in a complete bolt-on unit?
    Last edited by StudeRich; 07-25-2010, 07:32 AM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

No it's not complete, just the motor itself. Sounds like it's not for my use , thanks for the info.

John

Comment

I have a 6v Redmond off my '53 Commander. PM if interested.
        Last edited by rockne10; 07-26-2010, 05:32 PM.
        Brad Johnson,
        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

If you check the parts books, I think the Champions used the Redmond motors (mine has one) and Commanders used a different brand (forget what it was). They both use the same switch with 3 wires. Seems odd they did that since they are drop-ins for each other as far as I know.

Jeff in ND

Comment

My 54 Land Cruiser has the original Bosch unit. E-mail if you need a photo.

Comment

Working...
            X