Year of Studebaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Year of Studebaker

Hi my name is Mike and I'm brand new to this Forum. I found an old Studebaker I would like to buy but not sure of the year, the Sereal # is G843717 it a Champion Business Coupe, it has no paper work with it or license plates. From the pictures I've found it looks like a 1947 but I'm not sure. Can someone help? Thanks Mike

John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

I may be obtuse, but why not ask the owner? Of if you know the serial #, wouldn't the State be able to look it up for you? Or if you had a picture, someone on the forum could clue you in almost instantly. Welcome to the Forum and Stude Country.

John

Comment

1949 Champion, built in Los Angeles. Next, get the numbers from the Body ID tag under the hood on the firewall. The major visual changes between the three years are minor changes to the grille.
        KURTRUK
        (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Thanks for the help, the firewall tag is 8G-Q1 545. Thanks again. Mike

Comment

Originally posted by MikeJW View Post
            Thanks for the help, the firewall tag is 8G-Q1 545. Thanks again. Mike
            That is a rare and desireable car. It is a 1949 Champion DeLuxe business coupe. It is the 545th 3 passenger business coupe body assembld out of 2360.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Thanks, Now I'll see if I can buy it. Wish me luck. Mike

Comment

Good luck, You never forget your first Stude.

Comment

Working...
                X