Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chirs' other eye candy 7/21 A champ and '62 convt.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chirs' other eye candy 7/21 A champ and '62 convt.

Chris Dresbach

You forgot to mention that the Champ is R1 powered...

Comment

Jack Whites cars.
      Chris Dresbach

Comment

Not too shabby.
        Rog
        '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
        Smithtown,NY
        Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
          You forgot to mention that the Champ is R1 powered...
          Actually, unless Jack has changed the engine.......it has a Chevy smallblock.

Now, Joe Roberts has an R1 powered Champ, but I really hope you are not getting Joe and Jack confused!!!!!<G>
          Paul
          Winston-Salem, NC
          Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
          Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Hey Paul. I just remember the "Avanti Powered" decal on the front fender of Jack's Champ. Of course the last time I saw the truck was in 2003(!) at the Asheville meet. Hard to believe it was that long ago..

It was the same meet at which Ron Dame sold his yellow Lark, "Buttercup", and John Begian and Ed Skomoroh drove down from Michigan in John's '63 Super Red Super Hawk. I remember my family and I going around a mountain curve in our Avanti and seeing John and Ed beside the car with their hands in the air. I started taking pictures of the Hawk and John was shocked that someone my age (13 at the time) was interested in Studebakers. A little while later some other Stude guys showed up. Jeff Rice was driving a Ford F250 with a borrowed trailer, and he had a display of a semi truck brake setup in the bed of the truck. He gave a good demonstration!

Comment

Working...
            X