PDA

View Full Version : Rear support seems bent

studelover
04-09-2007, 03:56 PM
We Were looking at the corner patch panels and the bolt that goes in it. From under the car the rear support is whacked, there is even a small dent in the tank that I notice coincides with the rear support damage. This will have to be carefully repaired before we can move on. I wonder what caused it?http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/mr1940/IMG_0299.jpg

Studebakers forever!

Chucks Stude
04-09-2007, 04:14 PM
Oh, Lord. I thought mine looked bad underneath. This is almost scary looking. I think a museum might be interested in the panel to the right with a nice green patina...............

Chucks Stude
04-09-2007, 05:15 PM
It almost looks like someone caught a short post that went under the bumper and took out that support. Thank goodness it was there.

DEEPNHOCK
04-09-2007, 07:12 PM
Somebody was trying to scrape the rust off to read the secret serial number;)
Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by studelover

We Were looking at the corner patch panels and the bolt that goes in it. From under the car the rear support is whacked, there is even a small dent in the tank that I notice coincides with the rear support damage. This will have to be carefully repaired before we can move on. I wonder what caused it

mapman
04-10-2007, 12:20 AM
Wow! I have one of those rear frame cross members NOS but it has no secret message on it.
Rob

DEEPNHOCK
04-10-2007, 07:37 AM
That's because it was never assembled as a car and had a serial number assigned to the chassis.
So yours is double throwdown super secret;)
Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by mapman

Wow! I have one of those rear frame cross members NOS but it has no secret message on it.