PDA

View Full Version : Nice to see the top go up, thanks for the help

unclemiltie
07-17-2010, 01:21 PM
I am redoing my first convertible. I have the new fenders on, the hog troughs rebuilt, the engine rebuilt, the tranny rebuilt etc etc. It is getting close to to the final body work and then put on the paint. I have never redone the hydraulics on one so I kept putting this off. Well today I decided it was time. While the old parts are suppose to work, I have a new motor and pump on it from John Poulos, new rams from Studebaker International and new nos hoses from Lester Schmidt. I have gone over board on this one. I read the shop manual, read this forum and said ok, time to get it working. I followed the instructions for filling it from the forum and it worked like a champ. The shop manual is not clear on this matter so I want to say thanks to those that make this a breeze. The top actually goes up and down now. Hopefully I get time to get it done yet this year and there will be another 64 back on the road (was sitting in a garage for over 20 years). Thanks again to all those whom are willing to share information.

wolfie
07-17-2010, 02:37 PM
Pics please. Love those drop-tops! Steve

studeclunker
07-17-2010, 05:12 PM
Pop top, stationary, hard-top, I don't care! I love to see them all. Ditto on the pics.:p Glad to hear of the progress. I hope the rest of the job goes well too.

And you're right, this forum does have some really great members and helpers. I must admit to missing the occasional post from Mr. Biggs though...