PDA

View Full Version : Humongous David Neitzel Auction August 14, 2010

BobPalma
07-14-2010, 10:18 AM
David and Barbara Neitzel's sons, Mark and Dana, have finally got their parent's estate squared away so as to be able to offer virtually everything on site at auction August 14. They had sold several of David's cars on e-bay, but the ones remaining will go in the sale as noted. Complete information and over 125 pictures here:

http://www.lawsonandco.com/component/jcalpro/view/198/55

Those of you interested may want to come over, in that August 14th is also a Meet & Eat Indy Chapter SDC Meeting in Pendleton IN! There's "no way" all local SDCers will attend this auction, because many will elect to go to the Chapter Meeting.

The Chapter Meeting was scheduled months ahead of the Auction being scheduled, but the Neitzel Brothers said August 14 was simply the only date that would "work" for both them and the auction company, so August 14 it is. The Chapter Meeting starts at 1 PM and the Auction at 10 AM, but the two are almost two hours apart, drive time. Hence, dual attendance is about out of the question for anyone around here.

I might add that the auction company running this auction, Lawson Brothers Auctioneers out of Danville IN, is the most reputable, and I would say best, auction company in central Indiana. When my parents wanted to sell many items upon their move to smaller quarters in 2005, Lawson handled the sale and everything was as professional as I knew it would be. Honest, well-known and well-established folks with a good reputation they deserve. BP

bob40
07-14-2010, 03:35 PM
Wish I could attend but will be attending a auction a wee bit closer to home.

BobPalma
08-04-2010, 09:48 PM
Wednesday, August 4th: 'Thought I would give this a bump in the event anyone was considering attending.

It is a week from Saturday, on Saturday, August 14th.

Even if you have to travel several hundred miles to attend, there is a lot of Studebaker material here and you would likely be glad you made the trip. If your wife / girl friend is into antiques and collectibles, Barbara Neitzel had a ton of material that will also be in the auction. (David's sons said the auction will be about 65% Studebaker cars and parts and literature, and 35% Barbara's antiques.)

Then, when the auction is over, head west on SR 144 a couple miles to SR67 on the east edge of Mooresville. Turn left and go south on SR67 about a mile to the huge Gray Brothers Cafeteria and have supper there. It will be the best comfort food you've ever eaten.

Because there is no Buyer's Premium and there are a few things I'd like to pick up and I know the auction company to be honest, I am planning to attend. BP

jclary
08-04-2010, 09:55 PM
I wish that some how the museum ends up with that hearse. I just can not think of another facility that would be proper for it, appreciate it, maintain it, and exhibit it in the dignified manner required.

BobPalma
08-04-2010, 09:59 PM
I don't know for sure, but I think the funeral home from which it came may be interested in re-acquiring it.

(However, I am so uncertain of that, that I probably shouldn't post it!) <GGG> BP

woodysrods
08-05-2010, 09:45 AM
Should have the SDC Chapter meeting location moved to the Auction location and make an event out of it!
Brian

fstst56
08-05-2010, 10:21 AM
Thanks, Bob

I was planning on attending the auction, but knew nothing about Gray Bros.
Now I'm looking forward to both !!!
Do you know how late they are open ?

fstst56

BobPalma
08-06-2010, 03:10 PM
'Just got a phone call from Mark Neitzel this afternoon (Friday, August 6).

Mark said if you are planning to attend the auction and are an SDC member, bring your club ID. Special parking, closer than "regular" parking, will be reserved for SDC members and members of the Hoosier Auto Club, to which David Neitzel also belonged.

This SDC-reserved parking will be available through the driveway west of the David Neitzel address (house) shown in the brochure / sale bill. Others will be directed to a driveway further east, on the east side of son Dana Neitzel's house, which is east of David Neitzel's [former] house.

And if all that isn't confusing enough, remember that all the properties are located along Neitzel Road! <GGG>

Studeboro
08-07-2010, 10:25 PM
where can one get a copy of items for auction

BobPalma
08-08-2010, 06:16 AM
where can one get a copy of items for auction

Click on the link [to the auctioneer's sale bill] in the opening post.