Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model N tail lights

Look what I found at the SNM...

It appears to be close to the same as a normal '51 tail light. When I get that far into my N car, it will probably just get production '51 lights... Unless any of the other N cars at the proving ground has good parts and IF I can get them.
    Chris Dresbach

Alright! Lets see another pic of that quarter on the other side of ze car.
    Alex Nelsen, certified Studebaker nut.
    Driving a 1954 Champion Coupe powered by a Chrysler 383.
    Lizella, GA

Comment

You do have to wonder what are they doing with that kind of rare stuff? Do they even have a clue what any of it is? And what are going to do with it?
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by Nelsen Motorsports View Post
        Alright! Lets see another pic of that quarter on the other side of ze car.

Don't have one. This was the only one in the museum.
        Chris Dresbach

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
          You do have to wonder what are they doing with that kind of rare stuff? Do they even have a clue what any of it is? And what are going to do with it?
          I had to make an appointment to see it. At the time, it was just in storage "behind the scenes". Andy Beckman did know it was a model N part. And I have no idea what they are going to do with it. I guess it has been there for a while now.
          Chris Dresbach

Comment

Chris

Do you think there is a chance that the Museum would let you make a couple of rubber molds of the light and lens so you could cast some replacements for your N.? Seems like a reasonable request as you are single handedly trying to bring the one and only back from the dead. I would think that type of cooperation should be a portion of their mission.

Bob

Comment

Or get it 3-D scanned and repopped in plateable plastic like Jay Leno does.
              Brad Johnson,
              SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
              '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
              '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Ill ask about doing just that when the time comes. It shouldn't be too difficult to do, and as long as it dosen't physically hurt the original. I would love to use the original one, but I doubt that could happen.
                Chris Dresbach

Comment

I don't get what their purpose would be for not giving you the original piece? It's not like it's going to be needed for another Model N in the future. Even if you didn't do the project and gave/sold it to someone else, it still belongs with the rest of the car.
                  Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                  Romans 15:13
                  Deuteronomy 31:6
                  Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Working...
                  X