Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eye cabbage: This is one VERY sad '53 or '54...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eye cabbage: This is one VERY sad '53 or '54...

Chris Dresbach

OK,
    I have to admit...
    There is very little that I can do with something like that.
    LOL

Comment

You might be able to salvage the drivers side door handle and Matt could salvage the gas filler trim. That's about the saddest looking car I have seen in a while.

Comment

The good news is, nobody has to agonize over whether or not it should be saved
        Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
        Romans 15:13
        Deuteronomy 31:6
        Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

You know what they say: "If it casts a shadow, it can be restored." Just not by me.......<G>!
          Paul
          Winston-Salem, NC
          Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

Doesn't appear to have a frame under it, Chris. Have you been wandering around the Proving Grounds high-speed oval infield graveyard again? <GGG> BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Well...there is one door handle, a quarter window frame, one piece of rear fender stainless (Mathew?), a gas door, gutter stainless trim, and as already mentioned...the gas door trim! As we have often heard..."Parts is Parts!"
              John Clary
              Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                Doesn't appear to have a frame under it, Chris. Have you been wandering around the Proving Grounds high-speed oval infield graveyard again? <GGG> BP
                I'm still trying to get back there! The last, ond ONLY time I have ever been back there (on the Bosch side of the grounds) was for Ed Georges Avanti photo shoot at the front gate!
                Chris Dresbach

Comment

Sort of takes the meaning out of "hardtop". Still, the lines are there, just a little bent.
                  Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Well, it does look pretty bad. However, there may be some useful patch panels on it here and there.

I paid about $40-$50 or so in the 90's to have the sidewall section of the passenger side trunk (see arrow in marked up picture) cut off a '54 hardtop in a 'yard that otherwise looked about as rough as this one. The top where the fender overlaps under the stainless cap and the weatherstrip channel were good and much easier to just replace the entire panel than attempt to fix what I had given all the compound curves there. Hard to tell from this picture but there could be lots of useful items left.
                    Attached Files

Jeff in ND

Comment

But the stainless just keeps on shining!

Comment

Originally posted by skyway View Post
                        But the stainless just keeps on shining!

Comment

Might buff out.
                          Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Dresbach View Post
                            Even had a rear speaker at one time (hole in the back shelf isn't cut out unless a speaker is installed).
                            Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                            '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Reminds me of one I saw on a trailer in front of a scrap yard about 10 years ago. It was hardly recognizable as a Stude coupe, but it had a perfect rear bumper.
                              "In the heart of Arkansas."
                              Searcy, Arkansas
                              1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                              1952 2R pickup

Comment

Working...
                              X