Electric Windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric Windows

Anybody know of any of the suppliers or individuals that have the parts needed to install electric windows in a 61 hawk? I would like to have factory stuff instead of an aftermarket kit.
    Wayne
    "Trying to shed my CASO ways"

sigpic

I purchased PW for my 56 wagon from a company called NU Relic. They sell a modern regulator/bosh motor repo that just bolts right in. I am pretty sure they have them for your car. Lifetime warrenty and easy to install. NO modifications needed. good luck.

1956 Studebaker Pelham Wagon Houston, Texas
    Remember, \"When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done.\"

Comment

Originally posted by wdills View Post
      Anybody know of any of the suppliers or individuals that have the parts needed to install electric windows in a 61 hawk? I would like to have factory stuff instead of an aftermarket kit.
      There is no factory stuff. power windows were never a option on Hawk coupes.
      JDP Maryland

Comment

OK, maybe I am interpeting my build sheet wrong. At the bottom it has several options listed. One of those is "ELEC WINDS". I just assumed that meant electric (power) windows. If not, what does it mean?
        Wayne

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JDP View Post
          There is no factory stuff. power windows were never a option on Hawk coupes.
          They were available on C-bodies in 12 volt form from 1956-58. They are rare, and trying to find one will be a challenge.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by wdills View Post
            OK, maybe I am interpeting my build sheet wrong. At the bottom it has several options listed. One of those is "ELEC WINDS". I just assumed that meant electric (power) windows. If not, what does it mean?
            It stands for electric windshield washers. The type runs out of characters on the Stude factory form at that point in the middle of 'windshield'.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
              They were available on C-bodies in 12 volt form from 1956-58. They are rare, and trying to find one will be a challenge.

Craig
              I had no idea, I know they were on hardtops, but never saw one on a coupe.
              JDP Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
                It stands for electric windshield washers. The type runs out of characters on the Stude factory form at that point in the middle of 'windshield'.

Craig
                Interesting that the 61 Hawk would use ELEC WINDS for electric windshield washer .... by 63 my Avanti has the following for its build sheet

49 Electric Windows (this is spelled out)
                63 Elec Wash (this is not spelled out)

Elec Winds vs Elec Wash ???
                sigpic
                John
                63R-2386
                Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

Comment

There must also be a '63' next to the printed 'Elec Winds'? I have a 1961 build sheet that has number '64' and 'Man Windsh' on it.
                  Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Yeah we has a parts Hawk recently 1957 Silverhawk Power Seat Power Windows. I don't have any of the stuff left .
                    Mabel 1949 Champion
                    Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
                    Gus 1958 Transtar
                    The Prez 1955 President State
                    Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
                    Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
                    Fresno,Ca

Comment

'56 GH w/ power windows. Front only. Heck with the rear seat passengers!

Click image for larger version

Name:	56 hawk e  windows.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	1662639

Comment

There is a 63 in front of elec winds. So I guess that means electric windshield washer. Thanks for the help
                        Wayne

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X