PDA

View Full Version : Studebaker at Auction, This Saturday July 10th

Lark8girl
07-09-2010, 07:25 PM
Hello
A 1964 Studebaker Cruiser 4dr is up for Auction near Columbia City, In.
Lark VIII girl and I inspected the car , billed as a V8, Auto, Ps, new brakes, runs good, with 50,170 miles, having orginal books and build sheet. The car is a sold driver, faded green paint, decent chrome, some garage door scrapes. The rear quarter has a medium scrape and lower fenders have brown rust spots 4 " size. Green cloth interior is split several places but very clean. Am radio w/o push buttons. Decent but old tires and that old gas smell. Overall a great car to use as a driver. Put some seat covers on the front seat and it looks good enough.
From Columbia City Indiana, go south on Indiana Hwy 9 apprx 8 miles to turn west on CR800s go west 2 miles
turn left on Washington Rd. There are Schrader Auction signs on the corners.
From Huntington Indiana go north on Indiana Hwy 9 to Whitley County CR800s
Auction starts at 9 Am. also lots of woodworking tools and pers. prop.

Someone have fun bidding

Lark VIII girl and husband of Lark VIII girl

Lark8girl
07-10-2010, 01:09 PM
On Saturday morning Lark VIII girl and husband of Lark VIII girl, went to this auction and learned the car sold for $2900.
$2900, OK Am I missing something Whats up with that? I am ready to go hunt for Studebakers to sell at Farm Sales!

StudeRich
07-10-2010, 01:33 PM
$2900, OK Am I missing something Whats up with that?

Yes you are: a car that truly has 50,000 miles and is 46 years old, is a desirable top of line model with 289 full-flow engine, even with needing a desirable color, body work & paint, should require little expensive parts replacement to become a good driver, cruiser/some time show type car, so $2900.00 IS cheap!

JimsLeadCommander
07-10-2010, 05:26 PM
It certainly IS! Even though that car might have sold new for about $2,900 the seller at the auction probably didn't want to dilly dally with the buyers who may not have come up to the 'reserve' price (if any was in mind). Some people just want to get rid of 'stuff' whatever it may be.
So, my dear Lark8girl buy as many of these for this kind of money as you can --- fix 'em up and (ah hummm) see how much profit you can make;
you never know....................................who's lookin' for a good 'ole Studebaker that's shine-eee, sharp and smooth.

JDP
07-10-2010, 05:59 PM
Yes you are: a car that truly has 50,000 miles and is 46 years old, is a desirable top of line model with 289 full-flow engine, even with needing a desirable color, body work & paint, should require little expensive parts replacement to become a good driver, cruiser/some time show type car, so $2900.00 IS cheap!

I can only speak from a dealer prospective, and for me $2900 would be top dollar. Assume with some luck you can do brakes, tires and odds and ends for $1000, you be buried in a 4 door needing paint/interior and more at 4K, and you can buy them all day for that..

StudeRich
07-10-2010, 06:45 PM
That is true, the price could be a tad high, but it's all about your intentions, if you are a Dealer, should I say it JDP? ...FLIPPER! ;)

Your opinion will be very different than someone who really LIKES the car, want's good dependable, DIFFERENT, low cost transportation for a good 5 to 10 years saving a bucket of cash, in repairs, Maintenance, Insurance and License fees over a New car. :)

This reminds me of the post about the very nice '57 Commander 4 dr. listed on Craigslist and asking $8500.00 (not posted), beautiful two-tone Blue, all done, restored, even has A/C, in turn key condition. But most thought it way too high, it's all about your prospective! :)

This one: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/showthread.php?42470-57-4-door-w-AC-in-TX-might-be-a-deal

JDP
07-10-2010, 07:09 PM
That is true, the price could be a tad high, but it's all about your intentions, if you are a Dealer, should I say it JDP? ...FLIPPER! ;)

Your opinion will be very different than someone who really LIKES the car, want's good dependable, DIFFERENT, low cost transportation for a good 5 to 10 years saving a bucket of cash, in repairs, Maintenance, Insurance and License fees over a New car. :)

This reminds me of the post about the very nice '57 Commander 4 dr. listed on Craigslist and asking $8500.00 (not posted), beautiful two-tone Blue, all done, restored, even has A/C, in turn key condition. But most thought it way too high, it's all about your prospective! :)

This one: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/showthread.php?42470-57-4-door-w-AC-in-TX-might-be-a-deal

Even as a driver, the price seems ball park for a car that is maybe $1000 away from being a driver.I know from experience that you are taking a risk buying a cat that sat for a while.