Daytona trim needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daytona trim needed!

Don't everyone laugh and spit your adult beverage all over your screen and keyboard, but my buddy is in dire need of the aluminum trim pieces for the right front fender and right quarter panel for a 64 Daytona. All of the original pieces were sent out to be repaired, polished and anodized, but these two pieces were beyond saving. Can anyone help?
    Thanks
    Ron Butts

When we were at SASCO last year before they closed I saw literally hundreds of 64 Daytona mouldings. They would now be in the possession of Studebaker International. There is not a shortage of that trim to my knowledge! If you don't have any luck here give them a call.
    Frank van Doorn
    Omaha, Ne.
    1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
    1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
    1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Originally posted by 41 Frank View Post
      When we were at SASCO last year before they closed I saw literally hundreds of 64 Daytona mouldings. They would now be in the possession of Studebaker International. There is not a shortage of that trim to my knowledge! If you don't have any luck here give them a call.

It took me over a year to find the rear quarter trim for a Daytona.
      JDP Maryland

Comment

When I got the 64 Convertible several years ago, I checked the Sasco site and they only listed a couple if I remember correctly. I was real happy when I was visiting Lester Schmidt and he told me he had a set which I of course bought. I have seen very few of these in the last 5 years as I have been looking. Based upon what I saw at Sasco, I would not be surprised if they found some when they moved the parts. I would give them a call.
        Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
        1961 Hawk 4-speed
        1967 Avanti
        1961 Lark 2 door
        1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

Ron, you will need to indicate to Studebaker International whether your friend's "Daytona" is a Two Door as in Hardtop or Convertible, a Four Door Sedan or a Wagonaire Station Wagon, to get the correct Moulding for the rear quarter.

I got Dennis (at the former SASCO) to correct his part number listing that showed no stock, after he sent me the wrong 2 door Hardtop Rear 1/4 Moulding. After he did that, he found a big stash of them, that they knew nothing about, not numbered as "Mouldings" but the also available "Moulding Kit" part number that I had originally asked for which if still complete, contained the special Aluminum rust preventative coated "sealer" Clips to install.

Very interesting side note, for you Studebaker "Historians".
          The interesting thing about one of the "wrong" mouldings (the one for my Daytona Four door), was that it had the depression "dent' for a door hinge opening on the FRONT end of a correct length rear 1/4 Moulding!

That would make it for a prototype suicide door car like the Brooks Stevens prototypes, or a really bad mistake at the suppliers!
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

What would the quarter panel trim go for these days? I'm glad the ones on my Daytona are presentable.

Nick

Comment

I believe the long 2 Dr. ones were around $60.00 and the 4 Dr. about $40.00, but the parts are now in a new owners control and prices are not advertised, (yet).

While most SASCO prices were more than reasonable, some were way too much, which is why they are still there.

Bottom line, if you want to know, get the Studebaker Parts Catalogs, you'll need Chassis & Body (book or CD), look up the PART NUMBERS, not picture numbers, that you need and call for a price.
              Last edited by StudeRich; 07-09-2010, 09:26 AM.
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Very good information and advice Rich, thanks!
                JimsLeadCommander

Comment

Working...
                X