Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Day 1 with Grace -- On the Road (long post)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day 1 with Grace -- On the Road (long post)

Kindest regards,

Alan Mende
    Grantville, PA

I'm not a mechanic; I don't even play one on TV.

Great report Alan! However, it made me tired just reading it <G>.
    Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
    Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

wow, your adventure has had some suprises already, here's to hoping your repairs are all taken care of for now.

On that Garmin: check a few things, Depending on model.

Main startup screen: Tool: Settings: Navigation: Route Preference and /OR Avoidances:

Place a check mark on which avoidances you'd like to avoid, with a check mark on Highway's your garmin should stay away from interstates. Toll roads also if it's listed in the options. Then press OK.

Most times in "Route Preference" "Shorter distance" versus "Faster Time" can produce those same results, depending on model.

Good luck.......
      Last edited by 4961Studebaker; 07-08-2010, 07:50 AM. Reason: add final instruction
      61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Alan

Great read, posts are never too long when they are interesting. Keep posting

Bob

Comment

Glad you got your starting and charging issues straightened out. Hopefully that will be the end of your mechanical issues for the trip. Good Luck, Steve
          sigpic

Comment

BE PREPARED! Even if you weren't a Boy Scout, YOU ARE READY!

Your story reminds me of the movie, "The Great Race". Professor Fate's henchman, Max, has rigged many of the other cars in the race to have problems. And they do. It seems Max has rigged YOUR car to have ALL the problems! But what an Intrepid Motorist you are! NEVER GIVE UP! Is that the American spirit or what?

John

Comment

Thank you for a great Adventure story. I'm looking forward to the next chapter.
              Mabel 1949 Champion
              Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
              Gus 1958 Transtar
              The Prez 1955 President State
              Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
              Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
              Fresno,Ca

Comment

Sounds like a heck of a lot of fun! The problems only make things more interesting. I hope though, the rest of the trip is more trouble free.

By the by:
                One thing you might consider for that rub-spot is a bit of (tire) patching material. The rubber is thicker, more durable, and will seriously outlast the ductape. Speaking of which, if there was a shiny spot, you might want to check the tape regularly. Wonderful stuff though, Ductape.
                Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                Ron Smith
                Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Working...
                X