Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eye cabbage: A rotting '58 in the woods.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eye cabbage: A rotting '58 in the woods.

Chris Dresbach

Looks like it needs to stay there!
    Brian
    Brian Woods
    woodysrods@shaw.ca
    1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

This makes me feel so much better about the 57 that's been sitting in my back yard.

Comment

Poor thing! If I had THAT one; and the one I had (A tree fell on it instead..) I could have put together one good one! Know any more about it Chris?
        Dylan Wills
        Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
        1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
        1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
        1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Nice to enjoy as an artfully deteriorating car, but go get this '58 President!

Hi

That poor '58 looks to be a lost cause, but this one isn't!!!

At this low price, it's affordable even with the shipping!!! GO GET IT, GUYS!!!!!!!

With only 3,570 '58 President sedans built, you'll have the only one at most any show. Heck, even at SDC events!!!!

Steve

Comment

Boy Steve, that does look cheap! For me, it's one of my least favorites, but somebody must want it for that price. I have to limit my money to cars that turn my crank; might be worth the $1500 or so with shipping it would cost me. Of course, more pictures would be in order to assure the seller's definition is 'Body is solid' and a buyer's are the same...
            Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
            Romans 15:13
            Deuteronomy 31:6
            Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Makes me feel better about the '58 4 door sitting in my back yard...

Comment

Little over 4 1/2 hours one way from me but I wont be going after it.
                Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

Originally posted by 56H-Y6 View Post
                  That poor '58 looks to be a lost cause, but this one isn't!!! At this low price, it's affordable even with the shipping!!! GO GET IT, GUYS!!!!!!!
                  All right, you talked me into it.

I'm picking it up tomorrow, so better pics will be coming. It's kind of interesting, I was with my friend when he bought this car at a sale many years ago. I thought about buying it at the time, but a '58 President wasn't high on my "to do" list. After talking to the current owner on the phone, I found out it was the same car, so I was pretty comfortable in buying it over the phone. If I remember right, the forks on the loader at the sale did more damage than rust underneath, but we'll see. Hope my Larks don't get jealous!
                  Skinny___'59 Lark VIII Regal____'60 Lark Marshal___

Comment

Was that the sale up by Lidgerwood ND?
                    Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

Originally posted by bob40 View Post
                      Was that the sale up by Lidgerwood ND?
                      No, it's a SD car. The story goes that a collage student was using it to commute between the Mitchell area and Brookings when the motor let go. The car ended up in a salvage yard in Huron. The yard was full of older cars that had been tucked away for years. We went to the auction at it's closing in the 90's.
                      Skinny___'59 Lark VIII Regal____'60 Lark Marshal___

Comment

Originally posted by Skinnys Garage View Post
                        No, it's a SD car. The story goes that a collage student was using it to commute between the Mitchell area and Brookings when the motor let go. The car ended up in a salvage yard in Huron. The yard was full of older cars that had been tucked away for years. We went to the auction at it's closing in the 90's.
                        Hi Skinnys Garage

Yeah!!! Glad to hear you bought the car, hope the motor problem then proves to be minor. I'll be interested to see the pictures when it's home.

If that was a loaded '56-'57 President Classic or '57 Clipper Town Sedan, I would have pursued it.

Hope the car turns out to be a nice driver for you.

Steve

Comment

I think it needs a little work.

Rog
                          '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                          Smithtown,NY
                          Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Have you ever noticed how when trees fall~

they ALWAYS find a way to take out your fins???

What's up with that?
                            StudeDave '57
                            US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                            SDC Member since 1985

past President
                            Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                            San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                            San Diego Chapter SDC
                            North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

I have a 57 Commander Custom 4 door and I've been told several times there was only 481 ever built . All I need is a bunch of money and a new back and I'll be getting right on it. At least it's all there complete so I have no plans on getting rid of it. At only 481 ever built you'd think there would be some resale value there but it's a Studebaker.

It seems like there were more 58's built then 57's maybe it was because of the taking over of Packard. Anyway I like my 57 best there's something about the cheap way they applied the dual headlights in 58 with the bolt on bezels to the 57 fender that really seems awkward to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X