Fixing the floor by the rear seat hump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fixing the floor by the rear seat hump

I have been slowly repatching my 1962 hardtops floor making up for my crappy job done nearly 20 years ago, doing neary everything one could do wrong, wrong (brazing, fibreglass etc) I have started on the right side and have the right fixed up to the seat hump

I cut out the floor between the seat hump and the quarter panel/window housing and discovered that my crappy repair rotted out the floor to the window housing.

does the floor go all the way under the window housing to the lower mating area for the fender? If it does I need to pull the rear fender off to properly fix my bad fix

Well, I discovered that I need to replace the rear body bracket while I am at it... anybody out there have a parts body with solid metal at the wings of the rear seat hump? I have to replace some of the countoured metal above the rear the body brace.

Say, does classic enterprises sell the rear floor section seperately if you inquire?? I have to call them anyway

Sometimes you lear the hard way... don't rush, don't braze and above all don't cover anything in fibreglass even if your best friends say it's the best way to waterproof.

Jeff T.
    \"I\'m getting nowhere as fast as I can\"
    The Replacements.
Working...
X