56J EMBLEM DESIGN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 56J EMBLEM DESIGN

I have been asking this on other areas, now will try here. In 1956 Studebaker issued a Hawk catalog and a generic catalog. These were printed over a course of th production year. I noticed that in an early catalog there was an "emblem" that was going to be inserted in the "check mark".

In later catalogs, they do not show it.

I think by looking at it in other photos I have somewhere it would have been a gold triangle with steps, and at the top the numbers 352 in red. I am not sure. Does anyone have any information on this?

BG

I think I read in Ed Reynolds' book that it was dropped before production began.
    "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

I think I read in Ed Reynolds' book that it was dropped before production began.
      "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

I don't have his book "handy" at the moment. Is there a good drawing of it in the book?

Comment

I don't have his book "handy" at the moment. Is there a good drawing of it in the book?

Comment

That book shows a couple different items in the check mark on a full size clay model. One photo shows a 1955-style Lazy S. Another photo shows some sort of chrome medallion that fills about two-thirds of the check mark area. The two page ad below shows gold colored lettering that appears to say AH1 or something like that. It's almost certainly an air brush job. Ed's book shows another Hawk ad that seems to have some different initials that I can't make out.

Dwain G.
            Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

That book shows a couple different items in the check mark on a full size clay model. One photo shows a 1955-style Lazy S. Another photo shows some sort of chrome medallion that fills about two-thirds of the check mark area. The two page ad below shows gold colored lettering that appears to say AH1 or something like that. It's almost certainly an air brush job. Ed's book shows another Hawk ad that seems to have some different initials that I can't make out.

Dwain G.
              Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Working...
              X