Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Me and Andy Granatelli

Hi Everyone,
    I hope this attachment works as I have not posted pictures here before.
    Andy was the Grand Marshal for a car show in Carpenteria California on the 3rd of July.
    He was the Grand Marshal last year also. At that time he spotted my Studebaker and asked his passenger, "Are those side draft carburetors on that Stude?"
    He is still very sharp and asked questions about my son's 38 Cad. He wanted to know about the V16 motor. I had to tell him it was replaced years ago.
    Attached Files

Very cool!
    Mike - Assistant Editor, Turning Wheels
    Fort Worth, TX

Comment

Great picture. I would consider it to be an honor to have my picture taken with Mr. Granatelli.
      Joe Roberts
      '61 R1 Champ
      '65 Cruiser
      Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Great to see him out and about.
        How's his shoulder blade healing up?
        I talked to him a few weeks ago and he was still hurting some...
        (said he broke it in six places)
        Jeff

Originally posted by AlexM View Post
        Hi Everyone,
        I hope this attachment works as I have not posted pictures here before.
        Andy was the Grand Marshal for a car show in Carpenteria California on the 3rd of July.
        He was the Grand Marshal last year also. At that time he spotted my Studebaker and asked his passenger, "Are those side draft carburetors on that Stude?"
        He is still very sharp and asked questions about my son's 38 Cad. He wanted to know about the V16 motor. I had to tell him it was replaced years ago.
        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Great picture !!! ...which one's Andy???

[Just kidding]

Comment

You may find this website of interest regarding Andy Granatelli. He has been a very busy gentleman and has given much of his time and interests to a great variety of causes. I hope to visit Granatelli Museum some day.

Last edited by Bob Bryant; 07-05-2010, 06:37 PM. Reason: Correct error.
            "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

Comment

He didn't mention his shoulder, but I couldn't talk to him for very long. Others were waiting. He seemed to drive his cart OK.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexM View Post
                He didn't mention his shoulder, but I couldn't talk to him for very long. Others were waiting. He seemed to drive his cart OK.
                It looks like a Chrysler Gem (electric car) from what I can see of it.
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
                X