PDA

View Full Version : Me and Andy Granatelli

AlexM
07-05-2010, 06:54 PM
Hi Everyone,
I hope this attachment works as I have not posted pictures here before.
Andy was the Grand Marshal for a car show in Carpenteria California on the 3rd of July.
He was the Grand Marshal last year also. At that time he spotted my Studebaker and asked his passenger, "Are those side draft carburetors on that Stude?"
He is still very sharp and asked questions about my son's 38 Cad. He wanted to know about the V16 motor. I had to tell him it was replaced years ago.

Silverplate
07-05-2010, 07:02 PM
Very cool!

JRoberts
07-05-2010, 07:55 PM
Great picture. I would consider it to be an honor to have my picture taken with Mr. Granatelli.

DEEPNHOCK
07-05-2010, 08:23 PM
Great to see him out and about.
How's his shoulder blade healing up?
I talked to him a few weeks ago and he was still hurting some...
(said he broke it in six places:eek:)
Jeff:cool:

Hi Everyone,
I hope this attachment works as I have not posted pictures here before.
Andy was the Grand Marshal for a car show in Carpenteria California on the 3rd of July.
He was the Grand Marshal last year also. At that time he spotted my Studebaker and asked his passenger, "Are those side draft carburetors on that Stude?"
He is still very sharp and asked questions about my son's 38 Cad. He wanted to know about the V16 motor. I had to tell him it was replaced years ago.

Welcome
07-05-2010, 08:53 PM
Great picture !!! ...which one's Andy???

[Just kidding:D]

Bob Bryant
07-05-2010, 09:36 PM
You may find this website of interest regarding Andy Granatelli. He has been a very busy gentleman and has given much of his time and interests to a great variety of causes. I hope to visit Granatelli Museum some day.

http://www.mrindy500museum.org/node/167

AlexM
07-06-2010, 01:36 PM
He didn't mention his shoulder, but I couldn't talk to him for very long. Others were waiting. He seemed to drive his cart OK.

studegary
07-06-2010, 03:48 PM
He didn't mention his shoulder, but I couldn't talk to him for very long. Others were waiting. He seemed to drive his cart OK.

It looks like a Chrysler Gem (electric car) from what I can see of it.