July the 4th already.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July the 4th already.

With the sun up here already on the 4th & a cool 14 degrees celsius I took the Hawk for a run with the bi centennial flag flying on the antenna. Even had the heater going in the car. So I have celebrated my patriotic run for the day. All you guys have a great Independence Day tomorrow.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
    MELBOURNE.

Thank you. It should be a great day over here.
    Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO

Comment

My Studebaker is being very un-American for July 4.
      Last year, for Drive Your Studebaker Day, it had no brakes, so stayed home.
      Today I saw a spot under the rear passenger side wheel--just a little spot.
      I went about my business, and when I got back, there was a little river running down the driveway.
      Gasoline would have evaporated. It wasn't pink like transmission fluid.
      Process of elimination (location, texture, and color) means it is brake fluid.
      Clearly it does not like the 4th of July.
      It does not want to take me to see fireworks. It does not want to attract a crowd to look at it.
      It will be staying home AGAIN.

Comment

To all our American friends...happy 4th of July...reflect on the meaning of the day...and don't forget the sun-block...enjoy
        Bill Foy
        1000 Islands, Ontario
        1953 Starlight Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by HAWK64 View Post
          With the sun up here already on the 4th & a cool 14 degrees celsius I took the Hawk for a run with the bi centennial flag flying on the antenna. Even had the heater going in the car.<<<
          Thanks for sharing with us how you celebrated your 4th!

A question for you Mr. Q:

Did all Australian assembled Studebakers come standard with a heater (Climatizer) or was it optional there as well?

Comment

Happy Independence Day to all our American friends in SDC!
            Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Originally posted by Welcome View Post
              Thanks for sharing with us how you celebrated your 4th!

A question for you Mr. Q:

Did all Australian assembled Studebakers come standard with a heater (Climatizer) or was it optional there as well?
              Jim, nice to catch up again, this time on the Forum. Yes, our local assembled GT Hawks had a heater as stanard equipment, namely a Smiths make. My car was South Bend assembled in RHC with an inner firewall mounted heater. Jim Q.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
              MELBOURNE.

Comment

Working...
              X